I feel so bad

Options
I had a terrible weekend as far as staying under my cals. Went out for mom day etc. Had salty bad foods and the scale reflects it. I am ready to get back with the program but cant stop kicking myself. I read all of the success stories and hate that i was so weak.

Replies

• jamielise2
    jamielise2 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Kicking yourself is counterproductive. Just start again today and keep going in the right direction. I tend to shoot for doing it right 90% of the time, and that's working for me.
  • fab50G
    fab50G Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I didn't do so well myself. But, today is a brand new day. Forgive yourself and let it go! :flowerforyou:
  • rachmatt
    rachmatt Posts: 28
    Options
    Don't feel bad... we all need to cheat every once in a while because we'll completely fall off the wagon if we don't. Just get back on track!! I too had Japanese food last week and because of all the salt I actually went up 4 lbs. in one day. But I drank lots and lots of water and went back to normal within 2 days. You're just retaining water because of the salt. Don't give up! Good luck!
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    I am sure everyone in every single one of those success stories had more than one "off" day. Beating yourself up is doing nothing productive, at all. It's a new day, and what is beating yourself up really going to do about something that already happened and is done? Nothing. So put a smile on your face and go on with your business! :flowerforyou:
  • mlh612
    mlh612 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Yes, Mother's Day did me in as well... I had mexican for dinner and some chocolate.. But today is a new day and I am ready to go. Just keep at it!!!:flowerforyou:
  • jdg1mfp
    jdg1mfp Posts: 103
    Options
    Today is the 1st day in the rest of your life.
    Don't let it go to waste.
    Get Busy!!
  • rkquade
    rkquade Posts: 17
    Options
    Been there, done that too many times to count, but today is a new day....fresh start. Make a commitment today to make it a healthy day/week. The scale most likely is refelcting your retention of water if you ate salty foods. Load up on water, be diligent about sticking to healthy foods within your calorie allowance, and get out there and move a little and you'll be back on track in no time.
  • jreese5226
    jreese5226 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    You're not the only one who fell off the wagon this weekend. I have decided that I allowed myself to be spoiled this weekend. Now I am ready to get back into the groove! Don't beat yourself up too much!
  • atucker0821
    atucker0821 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    do not beat yourself up. i have been binging for about a month now...i'm not proud of it but i weighed in this morning and recommitted myself to the cause...i deleted all my progress history and finally filled out my profile here so i can get back to what works...tracking, and willpower and EXERCISE...so today is my first day "all over again".

stay strong and motivated!
  • ande2994
    ande2994 Posts: 136
    Options
    I don't think it's weak to indulge a little on Mother's Day. It's only once a year! I think everyone needs a "bad" day now and then, so you don't feel like you're depriving yourself. Just don't every little thing become a reason to be "bad." And don't let your bad days cross the line from indulgence to full-on binge.
  • Jill_Clemmons
    Options
    It was just one day, a day of celebration. Please don't feel so bad about yourself!

I've heard many people say that in order to have long-term success, it's important to allow yourself to take occasional breaks from any eating plan.
  • lanenalatina
    lanenalatina Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Don't kick your self up, We all Mothers had a bad weekend, But today is a new day, a day to start all over, So just shake it off and keep you head up COME YOU CAN DO THIS (IF I CAN ANYONE CAN TOO)

6540321.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Same here, except for the kicking myself part. I knew it was going to happen so I just did my best to keep the unhealthy fats and white bread to a minimum and not worry about the calories. And yes MFP did tell me that "if every day were like today" you'd be a big fat pig forever (I'm paraphrasing that last part) on both Sat and Sun, but you know what? Every day won't be like that, so I'm not going to sweat the few that are. I just gotta remember to make sure they are "few". :wink:
  • luppic8
    luppic8 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Oh come on now, don't beat yourself up over it. Even though we are dieting to lose weight, we still have to live and enjoy life. As long as you know how to pick up the pieces and start over where you left off, you will be okay! Good luck getting back on track, you seem to have a good attitude about it!
  • BeachLife76
    BeachLife76 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Well after reading posts, I think we ALL fell of the wagon this weekend. But you know what? We all deserved a break!! You can't feel bad about one day!! So, that being said, pick yourself up, do your daily routine that you have been doing and get to work my dear lady! You can get back on track :). Good luck!
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I had a terrible weekend as far as staying under my cals. Went out for mom day etc. Had salty bad foods and the scale reflects it. I am ready to get back with the program but cant stop kicking myself. I read all of the success stories and hate that i was so weak.

WEAK?? WHAT?? You enjoyed yourself this week-end right? As you ate what you were eating were you mad at yourself then? No you were living in that moment. You allowed yourself to enjoy some not so healthy treats. That is realistic. STOP THE MADNESS!!! Theres a difference between making the choice to eat something not so healthy and being an out of control eater. Its seems to me that you made a choice. Live with it, be done with it and move on.

Look I made the choice to go to the wine festival on Saturday. I got up and exercise yesterday and then went of grandmoms house and enjoyed all th candi yams, yeast rolls, kale, bake chix, lemon merigune cake, chocolate cake...ummmm I had a ball. Now today I'm back on the grind. No self pity, no nothing. It is what it is.

So now come on. I want you to give yourself some slack. Hit the gym...throw in that dvd...go for a jog....do whatever you need to do except sitting there feeling self pity. Thats not going to do you any good.

So like my signature says, Stop Making Excuses, Just Do It!

Cheers!
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    Well, it's a new day. I doubt kicking yourself is burning too many calories so maybe you should just put yesterday behind you and focus on the new day you've been given. :) My day wasn't very good either but life happens. You have good days and bad, just make sure the good ones out number the bad ones and don't give up. That's the main thing. :)
  • anthony438
    anthony438 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    But you are doing great, so there's no need to kick yourself. We all have off days, it's not a big deal.

Progression, not perfection!
  • overit
    overit Posts: 273
    Options
    I had the same type of weekend and I am just dusting myself off and getting on with the week. Don't look back, just move forward. Good luck and I hop you have a great day!
  • MsWright28
    MsWright28 Posts: 43
    Options
    WELL PUT!!! This motivated me today :)

WEAK?? WHAT?? You enjoyed yourself this week-end right? As you ate what you were eating were you mad at yourself then? No you were living in that moment. You allowed yourself to enjoy some not so healthy treats. That is realistic. STOP THE MADNESS!!! Theres a difference between making the choice to eat something not so healthy and being an out of control eater. Its seems to me that you made a choice. Live with it, be done with it and move on.

Look I made the choice to go to the wine festival on Saturday. I got up and exercise yesterday and then went of grandmoms house and enjoyed all th candi yams, yeast rolls, kale, bake chix, lemon merigune cake, chocolate cake...ummmm I had a ball. Now today I'm back on the grind. No self pity, no nothing. It is what it is.

So now come on. I want you to give yourself some slack. Hit the gym...throw in that dvd...go for a jog....do whatever you need to do except sitting there feeling self pity. Thats not going to do you any good.

So like my signature says, Stop Making Excuses, Just Do It!

Cheers!
    [/quote]