Scared to get on the scale...

Options
I started my new lifestyle 15days ago, I weighed myself so I know what my start weight was. I do hit the gym evey night and every Friday is my rest day ( I live in Vegas im going to TWERK my *kitten* off) but it kills me I know it's only been 15 days but in the mirror I feel/see that my stomache does look flatter but i'am scared to get on the scale and be sad/disappointed if in fact I haven't lost any weight. Am I the only one who does this!? Should I just get on the damn thing and see if I have lost anything!? I just think that would really make me feel unaccomplished when I'm eating right and hitting the gym every night... Suggestions, support, anything!?

Replies

• srnormand
    srnormand Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Weigh yourself weekly girl!
    Should be the Same day/every week and should be after your first pee in the morning!
    Once you start seeing yourself loose weight you will feel happier to know all you gym sessions are paying off.
  • sdvequist
    sdvequist Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I started a new fitness program 4 weeks ago. If they have taught me anything, it is NOT to judge yourself on what the scale says. We find it so easy to judge how much our bodies are changing by getting on that scale. This is exactly why we shouldn't rely on the scale - weight is not everything! My advice is to stay off of the scale, keep doing what you're doing, and judge your progress by the way you look & feel. Good luck :)
  • awdwairy
    awdwairy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I was doing weekly weigh ins but as women we fluctuate so much during the week (hormones can make u gain crazy water weight). My husband recommended I weigh in daily. My scale has a Bluetooth to my phone so it tracks the weight for me. I've been doing this for a month and the anxiety of weighing myself is totally gone now.
  • corinic91
    corinic91 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I use the "Happy Scale" [free] app on my phone, and hide the daily logs. It shows you a graph with a smooth line, so it feels really good to see the general downward trend even if you've had a few days with a spike in your weight. The app works best if you weigh in daily, but doesn't get you down if you don't have consistent losses.