Weight Loss Surgery (WLS) support network

Options
I have started my path toward surgery, and am looking for friends.

Replies

• tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    I just had my sleeve done 1/15/15!!! Best thing I've ever done.
  • joyce71743
    Options
    I had sleeve surgery 8/7/14, and I am soooo excited about my future. I am off all meds and I am walking 5 to 6 miles a day. No way I could have done that 6 mths ago.. I believe it is the best thing I have ever done for myself. I feel great..Happy to answer any questions you may have...
  • nikkig1345
    Options
    I just had a sleeve on Monday (2/2/15) and literally cannot stop thinking about food. I am not hungry, but the 1.5 weeks of liquids only is really starting to get to me. Anybody that's gone through the process have any tips to stop thinking about food? I NEVER thought about food like this before surgery. I liked food, but wasn't a FOODIE, or food LOVER, I ate when I was hungry, made good and bad choices, but just have had trouble taking off weight as I get older (I've struggled with weight my entire life, but have put on about 20-25 pounds since my two pregnancies in the last couple of years, putting me at around 100 lbs overweight). I find myself obsessed with food the last few days; I don't know if it's because I'm home and bored (go back to work Monday, the day after tomorrow, thank goodness) or if it is just the reality of everything sinking in. Any suggestions or support would be helpful :)