I threw away Cheesecake!!!

Options

Replies

• fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    Next time, I'll be happy to take that delicious cheesecake off your hands. I will make it fit in my macros!
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    sarahlifts wrote: »
    I understand. I have a very difficult time saying no to cheesecake or any delicious cake. I've thrown away cake and candy 2 seconds after receiving it. RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE PERSON WHO WAS FORCING IT ON ME. Come on, eat it, its just a little, here take it. You know what, okay, I will take it. I did and then I tossed it straight in the trash and said THANK YOU with a smile. My coworker was horrified. I was at the start of my journey and I was tired of being fat.

WHO WAS FORCING ANYTHING ON HIM??
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    MisterZ33 wrote: »
    boo hoo...he threw away a slice of cheesecake...give the guy a break...

If you brought food in that you either baked or bought for people, and someone took some then threw it out without eating it, how would you feel?

OP, it's good that you resisted even after the fact, but I would consider the ramifications beforehand. Could you have fit it into your day? Even going over your calories, you can eat a little less the next few days to make up for that.

Are you suggesting that he eat high calorie food he doesn't want just to spare someone else's feelings? Someone that probably doesn't even know it happened and therefore has no feelings on the matter?

That sounds ridiculous to me. God forbid someone changes their mind and sticks to their diet.

If he changed his mind about eating it, why throw it out? He could have offered it to someone else.
  • Ms_Enzo1313
    Ms_Enzo1313 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    GOOD FOR YOU! LOL :) At work there is always birthday cake or donuts etc. So when someone offers me the cake I give it away usually to my BF that can eat just about anything and is fit and trim!!! I know! I know! :)
  • thatonegurll
    Options
    OMG... people are special... :D

good for you... freakin cheesecake. i love cheesecake. seriously... i hate when i find crap like that in the kitchen, my will power isn't always strong.

i know it was hard for you to dump it, but way to do something today that you'll thank yourself for tomorrow!! :)

you are awesome
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    OMG! i just couldn't!
    q470xkn06g0r.jpeg
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    :\

Don't mean to rain on your parade, but when I started throwing out food to keep myself from eating it is when my eating started to slide into the disordered...
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Good job! That's a hard thing to do. I get the comments about not throwing away perfectly good food but hopefully next time you'll be strong enough not to take any to begin with
  • RJenxi
    RJenxi Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Let's chill
  • thatonegurll
    Options
    gmallan wrote: »
    Good job! That's a hard thing to do. I get the comments about not throwing away perfectly good food but hopefully next time you'll be strong enough not to take any to begin with

this^ is perfect... :D
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,363 Member
    Options
    Good one, this is something I would have done. Better wasted in the bin that wasted on the waist :)

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Himym_noooo.gif
  • Edwardshar
    Edwardshar Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    WHAT A WASTE OF GOOD CHEESECAKE!
  • rtrels
    rtrels Posts: 13
    Options
    *sobs*
    I love cheesecake.

That being said... good for you. I know we all have our foods we sometimes need to avoid. Well done!
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Nice. Not a cheesecake fan.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Himym_noooo.gif

This is my face right now.

I can't get good cheesecake here.
    German cheesecake is more cheese than anything.
    French don't do that.

Oh, god, and you threw it out.
    I'm in actual physical pain.
    Someone send cheesecake.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Himym_noooo.gif

French don't do that.

Someone send cheesecake.

But what about the children?
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Himym_noooo.gif

French don't do that.

Someone send cheesecake.

I would but the package I just sent within the same country is going to take 8 days. By the time my cheesecake would reach you it would just be a tease. A sour, smelly tease.
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,462 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    Well- guys- I have some good news.

Cheesecake was lost today- but I made two cakes for birthday celebrations- so I'll be eating my body weight in cake and butter cream frosting.

I'll personally try to make up for the loss of the cake.

You are very thoughtful.

Thank you for your service.
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    one of my coworkers brought in donuts, however i didn't find out about the donuts until they were all gone and there was just an empty box. i would have been annoyed to find out that one of my coworkers took a donut just to throw it out when i coulda had one.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!