PCOS and 33

Options
Hi,
I am a 33 year old married mother of three. We had our first two babies 16 and 14 years ago. After battling PCOS linked infertility, we were finally able to conceive and we now have a beautiful baby girl, 7 months old. Needless to say, my body hasn't exactly bounced back this time. I never really lost much weight after my first two pregnancies, but everything was firm and I could still rock a pair of blue jeans when I needed to. Those days are over. I need to get into shape for my health but also for my self-esteem. I knew I needed to do something when my husband asked me to get dressed up for a night out and I replied "isn't it a little like putting lipstick on a dog?"

I know that "I" and still in here somewhere and I need to shed some weight, get healthy, and start feeling better. I purchased a Jawbone tracker and I'm joining the MFP community. I've given up sugar and wheat as well. Now, if I can work in some workouts, I may be on the right track. LOL

Replies

• MakingApril
    Options
    Hi there ! My name is April and I also have pcos
    I am 20 years old
    Feel free to add me!!
  • harrlin85
    harrlin85 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am 29 with PCOS as well. Makes things interesting to say the least. Feel free to add me!
  • crpeterson84
    crpeterson84 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm thirty with PCOS as well. It does make things more difficult- but it isn't impossible. There are a ton of really motivating stories of people with PCOS who have had great success.
  • Poppy_Joe
    Options
    I'm 29 with PCOS as well! It's a fight for both fertility and weight loss, but having support and fun is helpful! Congrats on your baby girl! Feel free to add me as a friend!