New member! Here to help lose weight

Options
Hey! I just joined this. Im 16 and looking to lose about 3 stone. Any tips for weight loss and how to stay motivated? Thanks :)

Replies

• anthea_pei
    anthea_pei Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey :) i also joined just 2 weeks ago. i've got this folder on my laptop full of my goal pics, healthy foods or quotes that i like, basically anything that's motivating, whether it be pics or music. Looking at before and after pics online keeps me motivated as well :smiley:
  • eksr1210
    Options
    Thanks for the tips! Im the same a bit! I have inspirational quotes written down! How do I prevent binge eating and eating healthy without quitting after a week or so ?
  • nicolafindlay39
    Options
    put a pic up of yourself as you are now then check back a month later and so on. Keep plenty of fruit around so that you have something to hand. :)
  • anthea_pei
    Options
    Tbh it was really hard the first week, especially seeing my frds eat gd food next to me. but i always try to rmb im eatin food thts actually gd for me! (ps. doin the dukan diet, maybe u can check it out, it givs fast results and weight apparently stays off, the rules r also quite flexible) starting smt new is gd coz u alwys feel motivated at first, and losing loads of weight right away makes u wn keep going! (the weight loss slows down ofc but i still reccomend it!
  • anthea_pei
    Options
    Doing dietbet too. It's kind of a side thing and it's not wat i work towards but it's fun.
    0067808 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    SHHHHH!!! Eksr - you're supposed to be 18 to use this site!! Great to see that you're looking after yourself and trying to eat healthily mind you.....but make sure you get your mum to log in from now on.............lol
    - ELIGIBILITY

BY USING THE SERVICES, YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOU ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD AND ARE OTHERWISE LEGALLY QUALIFIED TO ENTER INTO AND FORM CONTRACTS UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
  • joannamalinowski928
    Options
    definitely look into some self-help books on emotional eating, try books by susan albers, psy. d. her books are phenomenal! :D
  • annel599
    annel599 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I like the one about putting up a photograph of me now. This is definitely a good motivator...I don't have many photo of me now... Will take one. Thanks for the great motivational tip