New here... After baby.

Options
Hi all, I'm new here so just getting to grips with it all. I had a baby 7 weeks ago, normal birth and gained 1.5 stone throughout pregnancy. I have another 11lbs to lose to get back down to 10st a comfy size 12. I have a big appetite and love my fruit veg and salad but even finding time to eat with a baby is a challenge in itself Nevermind trying to do it healthily and lose weight humph! Haha xx

Replies

0067808 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Wow - you look fabulous AydeeElise; congratulations on your new baby! I'm not sure what the weather is like where you live, but if its possible, get the baby out in the pram/buggy for a walk each day - don't buy a 'big grocery shop' but instead buy a few essentials each day which gives you a reason to walk to the local store and back. Don't buy bigger clothes - tell yourself you're going to make it back into your pre-pregnancy clothes; the frustration of having a limited wardrobe while little fits will all help to motivate you. Remember your body will take time to settle down - I remember 'jelly belly' well! - but you'll see it gradually shrink back in the same way as it expanded over the past 9 months. And above all know that you've got time - you've the rest of your life to get back in shape but this year with your little one will be unmissable; make sure you're not in the gym when that first word comes! Good luck, and God bless you both.
  • rach021979
    rach021979 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    My baby is turning 1 soon! Everyone told me don't worry..give your body time. They were right. I got down to my pre preg weight very quickly but still have 35 lbs to lose bc I was a bit overweight before getting preg. That's why I am here. Finding time to eat and eat healthy with a baby is so crazy! Lack of sleep and just trying to take care of him especially in the beginning! Good for you for coming to MFP now though. It will help you track your food. In a couple of months I bet you will be where you want to be, if not sooner! :)
  • sbrumett09
    sbrumett09 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hello I'm in the same boat as you. Had a baby 9 weeks ago and trying to get back in shape.
  • AydeeElise
    Options
    Thankyou for your replies, how lovely! And I go to the gym 3 times a week when baby is sleeping and my mum or partner can watch her, so hopefully won't miss too much, being a mum is a decent work out in itself haha! I'm prepared for it to take a good few months, already love this app the first comment made me smile a lot :) xx