Upper 30s with 50 lbs to lose - wanna be friends?

Options
Hello! Looking for active friends to help motivate me and keep me going! I'm 6 weeks post ankle surgery (had hardware removed) so I'm trying to get back into the swing of exercising, even though I can't run yet. It'll be a good 6 more weeks before that...but in the mean time I'm trying to get a good amount of walking in and stay within my calories. My initial goal is 10 lbs, but my ultimate goal is 50 lbs.

I'm sarcastic, honest, and open about just about everything. I also have 2 kids (ages 8 and 5) and a wonderful husband and talk about them quite a bit. Anyone wanna be friends?? :D

Replies

• cristinfaldetta
    cristinfaldetta Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You sound fun! Sending you a request! :)
  • Gacres1
    Gacres1 Posts: 4
    edited February 2015
    Options
    How about more than upper 30s and 30 to lose? I am also trying to get back to my run. Steroids for the last year trying to get my RA under control. Ready to get back into the game!
  • time2change1111
    time2change1111 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    nice to meet you. I'm also in my late 30's. I've got a fair amount of weight to lose.
    add me !! :smile:
  • LuzChely
    Options
    Feel free to add me!! :D
  • eamcfatty
    eamcfatty Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm not thirty yet, but Id love to be friends for motivation!!!!
  • packersfan0103
    packersfan0103 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I'm 39. Looking to lose 64 lbs. I'm giving myself a full year. I WILL NOT use ANY pills. I am not claiming to be on a "DIET" but simply trying eat healthy and exercise more. I'm adding you as a friend.
  • Jasonmylis
    Jasonmylis Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm 39 and looking to lose about 60 more pounds, I have lost 52 already since August. Weights is a great way to boost your metabolism while waiting for your ankle to heal up.
  • acptwjoy
    acptwjoy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 37 and looking to loose at least 50 lbs and need lots of support too!
  • WannabeStressFree
    WannabeStressFree Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Add me!
  • Msjones310
    Msjones310 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm 37 and have 2 kids (9 and 2 years old). I would like to lose 50 pounds as well to lower my blood pressure. I need all the help I can get.
  • Ajaxlost
    Ajaxlost Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    38 yo mom of 4 here. Been here since Jan. 1 and lost 14 lbs with 40 to go. add me!
  • lforsyth74
    Options
    I'm new to MFP, 41 & around 50lbs to lose. I have b/g twins who will be 4 in June & I'm heavier now than when I gave birth to them! I need some friendly motivation. Please feel free to add me :)
  • palmasy
    palmasy Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm 34 w/ 60-70 lbs to lose. Mom to a great 12 yr old and dealing with some health issues. Feel free to add me if interested!
  • prettygirlstorm1
    prettygirlstorm1 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Hi I am a bit older but am always looking for extra support and motivation
  • smythepatricia90
    smythepatricia90 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm always open to new friends.
    I have 60 pounds to lose just started this new app am excited!
    Would love to be friends
  • awesomedjmcvey
    awesomedjmcvey Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well... I am 36 and lost 105 pounds thus far and over 100 to go in total....
  • carafes
    carafes Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I am looking to lose 40-50 lbs through a positive mind set and life changes. 38 single mother to a wonderful and at times trying 8 year old. Would love to be friends.
  • FitRican
    FitRican Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 57, no weight to loose but please add me as friend. If you can not run yet, I recommend some amount of weight lifting or equipment training. Try low to med weights with high repetitions and small rest periods. Try to eat 1 gm of protein per pound os desired weight and stay 200-500 calories below your dayly nutrition requirements.
  • Gacres1
    Options
    Ladies pls add me! Always looking for a running partner !
  • joylevelup
    joylevelup Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!