green tea/water

Help. I drink 8 cups of green tea 5 days a week. My mouth feels dry all the time and I still feel starving at meals. Why

Replies

• While green tea has less caffeine than coffee, it still has a good amount and won't hydrate you as well as water. 8 cups of tea likely makes it difficult to fit in enough water on top of that. Can you switch to water for 4 cups of the 8? Or alternate with herbal/non caffinated tea every other cup. As for hunger, that likely doesn't correlate to the tea, as caffeine is an appetite suppressant.
  • aronow4
    aronow4 Posts: 21 Member
    I use a giant water bottle that holds 8 cups of water
  • NikkyT30
    NikkyT30 Posts: 91 Member
    I agree with cutting back on the tea. Try flavoring your water w lemon or other fruits. I like to use strawberrys and blueberries in mine. Helps the water go down easier:)
  • lemonlionheart
    lemonlionheart Posts: 580 Member
    Try not drinking the tea if it makes your mouth dry? Why do you drink so much? What does tea have to do with being starving? What are you actually eating? Open up your diary to the public, people can give you advice on foods you can eat to help you stay more full.
  • aronow4
    aronow4 Posts: 21 Member
    How do I open my diary
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Mollyowl27 wrote: »
    While green tea has less caffeine than coffee, it still has a good amount and won't hydrate you as well as water. 8 cups of tea likely makes it difficult to fit in enough water on top of that. Can you switch to water for 4 cups of the 8? Or alternate with herbal/non caffinated tea every other cup. As for hunger, that likely doesn't correlate to the tea, as caffeine is an appetite suppressant.

No. The amount of caffeine in coffee (and other products) is negligible as far as dehydrating you. The amount of fluid in those products is plenty enough to offset the dehydration nature.
  • Green tea is said to boost metabolism in some people. That could mean they get hungry more often because they burn more calories. Some people take green tea extract supplements for this very purpose.
  • chimebird
    chimebird Posts: 57 Member
    If you're starving you should probably eat more...
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Thirsty = not drinking enough (8 cups is not enough for me) or that the caffeine is making your mouth drier. Caffeinated tea makes me feel thirstier -- it doesn't dehydrate you.

Hunger = not eating enough.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    aronow4 wrote: »
    Help. I drink 8 cups of green tea 5 days a week. My mouth feels dry all the time and I still feel starving at meals. Why

Based on your diary, I'd guess you're hungry because you don't eat very much.

• ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    maidentl wrote: »

Based on your diary, I'd guess you're hungry because you don't eat very much.

No amount of water will fill the void.
    Black_Canyon_Colorado_River.gif
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member

Aren't you eating food too? It sounds to me like you're not eating enough, and that's why you're hungry.
  • SexyKatherine73
    SexyKatherine73 Posts: 221 Member
    Green tea has not magic in it to help you loose weight, the only magic it has is what you give it.