Newbie here :)

Options
Hi everyone! I've never been on MFP before but I hear lots of good things about it and figured why not! So here goes.
My name is Krista, 25yrs old from Philadelphia, PA.
I actually just started the process towards a gastric sleeve which will happen in January 2015. I'm hoping to get into some better habits and lose a bit of weight before then though. My goal by the end of the year is 20lbs (trying to be realistic, I have some habits to break!).
I've tried sooo many diets, programs, pills etc in the past and would sometimes see a little results, but then would eventually gain everything back and then some.
I'm at my heaviest now and am really uncomfortable in my body these days. It's harder to move, harder to work (im a nurse), harder to dress, harder to sleep.. and every day life shouldn't be this hard. My GERD has recently gotten much worse, and a few months ago I was diagnosed with PCOS. And that's when I threw my hands up and said 'enough'!

So here we go.. lets make friends & take the journey together :)

Replies

• Kr1sMar1e
    Kr1sMar1e Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Feel free to add me. I've been on and off here for years. It really works when you're consistent.

Good luck on your journey! :flowerforyou:
  • focusedonfitness2015
    focusedonfitness2015 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP Krista. The first step is always the hardest and you are well on your way. Feel free to add me if you'd like. I'm always looking for new friends to help motivate me and to help motivate them. Good luck on your journey!!
  • mghaffar89
    mghaffar89 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm from Philly too! If u want a buddy let me know!!