Can seem to get motivated...

Options
I had started this with a friend in November/December...and Christmas hits...and everything just goes down the drain. I cannot seem to get motivated again...
I used to walk the mall with said friend twice a week...and we just stopped. I stopped drinking soda, and eating sweets...and I am back to old habits. I know I can do this, I had so much fun in the beginning. It was a challenge.

Can someone give me some advice to get back to being motivated?

Replies

• IamUndrCnstruction
    IamUndrCnstruction Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    What motivated you before?
  • L8riser
    L8riser Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    You can do it. Don't need to rely on that friend. You need to do this for yourself. Go for that walk and if a friend joins, that's great but do this with or without a friend. As for the sweets n soda, buy something better with your money. Better yet, everyday that you stop yourself from buying a soda/sweet, then put that money away for a great gift for yourself in 3 months. Say if you spent $5 x 4days x 12weeks= $240 (that's motivation for me) or for every day you are "good" (you can define good) then put $5 into a jar for a gift.
    If you need a friend I'm here, you can do it. Hey I'm up $40 so far :)
  • GohanJKA
    Options
    ^

• elliekay90
    elliekay90 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    First of all, recognize how amazing you are. YOU are capable of anything you set your mind to, and once your heart figures that out, you can accomplish anything!

Second, it's okay to have setbacks. I have certainly had them every now and then. Getting past the holiday slump can be a long process. But you're recognizing that you want to get back on track. Don't wait for another Monday to come, or a weekend to pass. Start as soon as you wake up tomorrow.

Take it slow.. maybe you can't switch over to all sized down portions and veggies that first day, and that's okay! Hold yourself accountable for what you eat; enter in everything, and don't cheat or lie to your journal.
    And don't give up anything completely if you love it; that makes it that much harder. But if your vice is chocolate chip cookies, for example, have one for dessert after dinner instead of three or four. Savor the treats you give yourself.

And most importantly, identify why you want to make a healthier life. Maybe you want to feel better about yourself, be more confident, look better in a certain outfit. Whatever the reason, do it for you. You are important and you matter. Don't trash your body, respect it. Show yourself the love you deserve. And when it gets hard, because it will all the time, remember why you started.

It's a journey, not a sprint. It takes time! <3
  • SabrielNanny
    Options
    I had started this with a friend in November/December...and Christmas hits...and everything just goes down the drain. I cannot seem to get motivated again...
    I used to walk the mall with said friend twice a week...and we just stopped. I stopped drinking soda, and eating sweets...and I am back to old habits. I know I can do this, I had so much fun in the beginning. It was a challenge.

Can someone give me some advice to get back to being motivated?

• SabrielNanny
    Options
    Remember to do all this for your health. Also I find it helpful to make one change at a time, then when you are making that a habit do the next thing! Remember to have fun!
  • heatherlkim89
    Options

What motivated me was getting healthy and wanting to start a family and be healthy when it comes time, and the fact that my whole family is obese or close to.
  • heatherlkim89
    Options
    L8riser wrote: »
    You can do it. Don't need to rely on that friend. You need to do this for yourself. Go for that walk and if a friend joins, that's great but do this with or without a friend. As for the sweets n soda, buy something better with your money. Better yet, everyday that you stop yourself from buying a soda/sweet, then put that money away for a great gift for yourself in 3 months. Say if you spent $5 x 4days x 12weeks= $240 (that's motivation for me) or for every day you are "good" (you can define good) then put $5 into a jar for a gift.
    If you need a friend I'm here, you can do it. Hey I'm up $40 so far :)

I don't rely on my friend. It was just easier to start out with some support that she did and does. She still supports me, and is there for me. She just got busy with her schooling. :)

And that's not a bad idea. I will certainly take that idea into consideration. :) thank you.
  • heatherlkim89
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I greatly appreciate all the advice! Just need to get back into the swing of things and tomorrow is day one. :) eat healthier, walk more, and get healthy!
    So glad I joined this amazing community!