Help! Too much Sugar!

Options
leighsarah
leighsarah Posts: 7 Member
Hi!

Does anyone have any low sugar snack ideas? My fruit intake seems to be taking up all my daily sugar allowance :(

I work at a desk so I need things that I can eat and I wont make too much mess lol! Ideally I'd like to be able to prepare it the night before ready for mid morning :smile:

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated :smile:

Replies

• ovinas1
    ovinas1 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I personally like almonds to snack on. You change sugar for fat and careful on those calories also. I try hard to practice a low carb diet. That allows me more fat intake during the day.

The sugar habit is hard to break.
  • fleurk126
    fleurk126 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    oatcakes are another good one! I try not to let the sugar "warning" on MFP get to me too much though, because I'm in the same situation as you - I work at a desk and love my fruit. One pear will often push me close to the limit! I think you've just got to be sensible and have a balanced diet. Good luck!
  • leighsarah
    Options
    Thanks! Its deffo the fruit that pushes me over! haha
    Thanks for the suggestions :smile:
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower
  • Alluminati
    Options
    Canned sardines
  • Alluminati
    Options
    Potato
  • Alluminati
    Options
    Bok choy
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Bacon.
  • Steff46
    Steff46 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I like to snack on sliced bell peppers and baby carrots at my desk. The almonds is a great idea to as long as you can stick to the serving size.
  • Teneko
    Teneko Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Nuts, boiled egg, vegetables...
    I make my own sugar-free jello with Knox, tea, and stevia. I cube it up and put it into one of those extra-small Ziploc / Glad type plastic containers the night before. In the morning, I add heavy cream to it (keto diet; high fat) and take that to work with a spoon.
    It's an awesome snack. I made chai gelatin the other night. :D

-T.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    Leigh as was mentioned I like almonds too. A couple weeks after I went cold turkey off of carbs two weeks was hellish then the craving for mid morning/mid afternoon snacks just started to fading away. In my case I was a long term carb abuser so it was a hard two weeks. Just wish I did down it 40 years sooner. Sounds like you are going in the right direction.
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I just discovered "pudding" made from 1c.Greek yogurt+1 level scoop of protein powder. I used chocolate. Delicious, rich, and sweet. I snacked on one serving all day yesterday and add nuts today. So filling and delicious!
  • leighsarah
    Options
    Wow thanks guys! I would have never have thought of some of these ideas :smiley: