Time for Change

Options
Hello!

My name is Jennifer, I'm 24years old and have recently been diagnosed with PCOS. It's time for me to eat better and lose weight. I would love to have children someday so this is something I must do.

Hopefully, some of you out there know what I'm going through and will be able to give some great tips and encouragement! I'd love to see the scale below 200 again.

I've recently started to switch to a low carb diet as per my doctor, but it's pretty hard when you're used to having pasta every other day. So I decided to do it slowly. January, I've stopped drinking regulars pop switched to diet before quitting all together, and I've replaced sugar with Truvia Blend whenever possible. It's been 1 month and I've lost 3.5 lbs. It's a nice change, when you're used to seeing the scale go up.

I have to say that pasta is still my downfall and would love some tips to help reduce the amount I eat. I have switched to whole wheat pasta, multigrain bread, and brown rice, but I still need to eat less of those. It's just so damn hard, but I know it's not going to happen over night. :)

Just need to do it in baby steps. One small change at a time.

Replies

• genericuser138
    genericuser138 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Buy a Juliane peeler and make zucchini spaghetti. It is just strings of zucchini but it substitutes in well. Zucchini doesn't have a strong flavor and the texture will match pasta a little. Good luck to you. Stay motivated and clean up the soda drinking. You're better off with regular than diet. That junk has things worse than sugar in it.
  • jenika127
    jenika127 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Jenika and I too have pcos. I've been eating low carb (ketogenic) for over a year now and I have lost 54lbs as of today and still loosing :) Feel free to add me, it's always great to have the support of other woman with pcos! :D I also post great recipes when I find them and I've found so many helpful tips in the last year that I would love to share with you. I wish when I started I knew what I know now, everyone is different but I can tell you what has worked well for me :)