Calling all Fitbit Charge HR users

Options
I'm looking into buying a Fitbit Charge HR to get a more accurate picture of the number of calories burned per day.

Does anyone have any thoughts or experience about how accurate this function is if you wear it 24/7?

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I just got the Surge (model above the Charge HR). However, it will be a while before I know if the total daily burn is accurate for me. I usually check every 4-6 weeks (only on my first full day). So far though it doesn't look overly outrageous. The workout calorie burns line up with what I would have logged from my chest strap HRM (which was only like 75% or so of the reported burn) looking at past logs.

Now, the reason I say the daily burn looks accurate so far based on previous data(got it yesterday, today is my first full day wearing it...won't know for sure until next month).

Full day estimate is approx 2617 (still have an hour and 15 mins left in the day...current burn is showing 2517).
    I did a 3 Month average at the beginning of Jan that put my approx average daily burn around 2600 (based on loss and intake). Fitbit (was using a Flex during the time frame of the average) was an average of around 2400.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I have had the HR since Friday and the burns seem pretty fair. I have knocked my MFP calorie allowance down to 1200 (it was at 1500) and eat back up to the 1500 (or more if I have a particularly energetic day) because it automatically adjusts a number of times throughout the day and adds calories that I usually wouldn't have tracked (walking to/from train station, lunchtime walks etc).

According to the HR I'm on about a 750 cal a day deficit and the numbers it says I burn by the end of the day do equate on average with a number of sites on which I've calculated by TDEE.

I had no intention of wearing it 24/7 when I got it, didn't need the sleep tracker, but it's so damn fascinating, I've only taken it off to charge it and take a shower!
  • Leanne3552000
    Leanne3552000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info! Sounds like it works well. Can't wait to get mine!