Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Newbie here, 7lbs down, 80lbs to go!

Hi!
I'm a 30 something newbie when it comes to "social dieting" & working out. Never used a website/app like this before but could really use the support & find supporting others is motivating for me as well. Wish I would have tried this sooner!
Began my weight loss plan on Jan. 26th and am down 7lbs so far (yay!). Motivated to be healthy and comfortable in my own skin again by summers end. Cute summer clothes here I come!
Very familiar with the "sitting & eating" thing here too. For me it's mostly about moving, or rather, not moving enough. I eat ok, not a ton of junk, I enjoy fresh organic produce & finding new ways to eat it. However, my husband & daughter are very picky eaters and love their comfort food, making this even more difficult. I'm doing well thus far. For me my weaknesses are Coke-Cola, Ice Cream & I just don't move enough.
Looking forward to being an active member of this community, swapping healthy recipes, workout ideas, and supporting each other along the way.

Best of luck to us all!

Please feel free to hit me up, we all need friends in this journey & I'm no exception. :smiley:

Replies

• Hi! I'm not new as such, I've been using the App but this is the first time I've spoken to anyone :smiley: Well done on losing 7lbs! That's a great start! Xx
  • embee2301
    embee2301 Posts: 17 Member
    Welcome! Well done on the 7lbs! Keep going! :)
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Hooray for dropping the 7 lbs...great start out of the gate :)

Glad you're both here and found the forums... good luck with your goals!
  • MsTavi
    MsTavi Posts: 3 Member
    Hi! I'm not new as such, I've been using the App but this is the first time I've spoken to anyone :smiley: Well done on losing 7lbs! That's a great start! Xx

Thank you! I'm a bit on the shy side myself. I guess being really overweight for 5-6 yrs zapped my confidence and really changed my personality to be honest. But thanks for the 'push'!
    I'd love to hear where you are in your journey, maybe in private message? (If that's available on here...haha, I am such a newb!)
    Best of luck to you! :wink:

• MsTavi
    MsTavi Posts: 3 Member
    embee2301 wrote: »
    Welcome! Well done on the 7lbs! Keep going! :)

Thanks! And congrats to you! Your looking great & your bio is really inspiring! :blush:
  • Silverlaced14
    Silverlaced14 Posts: 41 Member
    Congratulations on your journey! It is not easy, I recently bought the 21day fix and on fb too we have groups to inspire us, the container and learning portion control is the only way I can, you can google it and get ideas of the cup sizes and all, feel free to add me, in time you can get the husband and daughter to too :-) ;-)
  • Well done on 7lbs
  • jacquifhill
    jacquifhill Posts: 6 Member
    MsTavi wrote: »
    Hi!
    I'm a 30 something newbie when it comes to "social dieting" & working out. Never used a website/app like this before but could really use the support & find supporting others is motivating for me as well. Wish I would have tried this sooner!
    Began my weight loss plan on Jan. 26th and am down 7lbs so far (yay!). Motivated to be healthy and comfortable in my own skin again by summers end. Cute summer clothes here I come!
    Very familiar with the "sitting & eating" thing here too. For me it's mostly about moving, or rather, not moving enough. I eat ok, not a ton of junk, I enjoy fresh organic produce & finding new ways to eat it. However, my husband & daughter are very picky eaters and love their comfort food, making this even more difficult. I'm doing well thus far. For me my weaknesses are Coke-Cola, Ice Cream & I just don't move enough.
    Looking forward to being an active member of this community, swapping healthy recipes, workout ideas, and supporting each other along the way.

Best of luck to us all!

Please feel free to hit me up, we all need friends in this journey & I'm no exception. :smiley:

• jacquifhill
    jacquifhill Posts: 6 Member
    Well done. I have about 40lbs to lose. I started 9th jan and have lost 5lb being very immobile at the moment due to recovering from foot surgery so I'm pretty pleased with just the 5lb. It helps
    If family members are supporting. I just do most of my shopping online now and find I don't buy the junk. If I don't buy it I can't eat it and I'm forced to eat more healthy food like home made soup fruit and yogurt.