Breastfeeding and fitbit

Options
Hello!
I am exclusively breastfeeding my baby, so I know I need to eat about 500 more calories a day. My question is about my fitbit; do I add my BF calories manually and then let my fitbit take care of the rest (my activity?) Thank you! I will cross post to the fitbit group, too.

Replies

• _runnerbean_
    _runnerbean_ Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Yes, check how many calories you are allowed for the day (eg 1200 cals). Add 500 to that (1700 cals). On MFP set your daily calorie allowance to 1700. Then just let your fitbit adjust for exercise. If you want to eat back some of your exercise calories set your activity level to sedentary. Don't be too restrictive on your calories though- your priority should be to make enough milk for baby rather than worry too much about losing weight (it will naturally reduce if you are exclusively breastfeeding anyway).
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    I am exclusively breastfeeding my baby, so I know I need to eat about 500 more calories a day. My question is about my fitbit; do I add my BF calories manually and then let my fitbit take care of the rest (my activity?) Thank you! I will cross post to the fitbit group, too.

Fitbits are meant to make you more active do not link it to your MFP and count the calories from it.

Wear the fitbit for a week and see what your average steps are and then up it by 5000 steps per day.
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Keepingtrack1234 Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Hello!

Fitbits are meant to make you more active do not link it to your MFP and count the calories from it.

Wear the fitbit for a week and see what your average steps are and then up it by 5000 steps per day.

I didn't ask about about that.
  • sweetrai
    sweetrai Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for asking this question. I'm bfing and just got a charge
  • crew04
    Options
    Type in breastfeeding when tracking food. It allows for breastfeeding options from toddler to infant, exclusive or supplimental feedings! I am bf ing a toddler and imfant. It shows up as negative caloric intake.