I want to be fit this summer, not jealous

Options
Hey guys, so I just started last week and I've lost 7lbs! I've been doing lots of cardio and strength workouts. But I think my main thing was food, I'd usually sit and just eat... I'm naturally a thin person but I somehow drastically put on weight..(I think from sitting and eating) so my biggest struggle is not to eat my chips!!

Replies

• Romeo717
    Options
    Chips is my weakness too ! Not much of s desert guy but chips
  • road2fit140
    Options
    Goodluck on your journey. I had a baby a year ago (one week from now will make it exact).... I lost all BUT 10lbs of the baby weight. I managed to gain 10lbs back... I am a stay at home mom and would sit around and eat comfort food. I recently joined the gym again.... I can only work out from 5:30am-7:00am due to my husbands schedule. I have been faithful to my workouts and I'm feeling determined!
  • Theleminator
    Theleminator Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi!!
    Sometimes is not what you eat, is how much you eat!!!
    Obviously you want to eat as healthy as you can.
  • diegops1
    diegops1 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    What a great goal. I am looking forward to getting fit also, not just losing weight. I want to go mountain biking with my grandkids instead of taking them to a skate park and watching them do tricks. I took the 11 year old elk hunting this past fall and that was pretty difficult for me. I could only hunt every other day, needing to rest between each day of exertion. This fall I want to be able to hunt with him two or more days in a row. I love your goal!
  • THenry8
    THenry8 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I hear you girl! I always look forward to getting fit for the summer and it's working so far. Want to go swimming, do like a 1k walk one day, maybe even go to the gym for the summer! Loving your goal! Keep it up! I too have a way with food as well! Even though I had the Gastric Sleeve almost two years ago, I still need to watch what I eat for the rest of my life! If I had to choose an alternative, I would buy Pringles! Cause they not as filled with oil like potato chips are, and their crisps as well. You got this girl! You can do it!
  • strozman
    strozman Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    welcome to mfp
  • aryseespieces
    aryseespieces Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Me too girl. Me too! I did a 39 day detox to flush my body of toxins and start fresh and it helped a lot!! I recommend the whole30 challenge. Will change how u look at and eat food
  • KeyWi29
    Options
    I gotta get my life together too!!
  • fabianmendez93
    fabianmendez93 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    @aarabemahefa what is that? the detox you are talking about, what do you have to do?
  • aryseespieces
    aryseespieces Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    You can google whole30. But essentially it's a detox from all processed foods, GMOS, preservatives, dairy, legumes etc. you pretty much are restricted to meat, fruits and veggies for that month. I lost 12 pounds just following that and am now on a paleo lifestyle
  • AppleSweetTart
    Options
    Good luck :smile:
  • embee2301
    embee2301 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You can totally do this! I am from Australia so its summer now but I had a goal last year to spend Christmas holidays in a bikini for the first time in 6 years, and I did! Because like you, I decided to do something about it. :) Keep GOING!
  • Ellewijo
    Ellewijo Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi All, I'm Elle.
    I've been fully paleo since January with Fitter Food in the UK. I've had varied results with the carb introduction, but now my macros are sorted, the water/phanton weight has gone and a steady loss is occuring again.
    Please feel free to add me, I would appreciate comparisons to other plans you're following.
    :)
  • ABetterMe4Me
    Options
    Your title speaks volumes. Keep up the good work!!!!
  • fittymiamabe
    Options
    Add me :)
  • paigeellyn
    paigeellyn Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Totally feel you on that one.. I just want to feel comfortable with myself, too. :)