Skorts

Options
Has anyone tried wearing Skorts when running ? Just wanted to get some feedback before I invest some $$$

Replies

• Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    The skirt aspect just seems like a modesty thing. So personal preference.
  • Nekrachael
    Nekrachael Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I like the one I have. It's a tennis skirt, and it made a huge difference in my comfort/modesty level when I was just getting into running and had 50 pounds still to lose.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I have one for Zumba - it's super cute.

g3qumxxx340c.jpg
  • JenniDaisy
    JenniDaisy Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    No advice, but I read once that when Kathrine Switzer (the first female runner of the Boston marathon) started running there was no women's running gear and men's shorts were uncomfortable, so she trained in a leotard and ballet skirt.
    So yeah... I guess just run in whatever feels comfy to you.
  • snarlingcoyote
    snarlingcoyote Posts: 399 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I run in skorts. There are plenty to choose from and they're super comfy. I just like having the good china covered when I run, and I like the way that skorts are cute and swingy. They're not difficult to run in at all - I find it easier than shorts, honestly. It's not enough material for me to really even notice, but it's enough that I'm not worried about my shorts riding up. Those athletic shorts out of nylon - I've tried them and the material rubs and it just feels funny, also, they're halfway down my legs! With a skort, I can have a short little bootie short underneath and not worry about, ahem. . .
  • snarlingcoyote
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Oh! If you have a Sam's Club membership, they usually put out some cute running/tennis/athletic skorts in the early spring. . .may be out now. I forget the label, but the way they're cut is perfect for me; they're my favorite skorts.
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    If modesty is the concern, there is a lady at my gym that wears the tight black gym pants then a skort/skirt over top of the pants.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    lisalsd1 wrote: »
    If modesty is the concern, there is a lady at my gym that wears the tight black gym pants then a skort/skirt over top of the pants.

They sell those as one item now actually!
    http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=53935&vid=1&pid=387747002

Check out Marshalls or TJMaxx, grab tennis skorts.
    I wear my older tennis skorts for running. I had a skort from UnderArmour. The shorts were longer than the skirt part but I also have a good tush and decent sized thighs.
    But jog in the store and jump up and down to make sure you like them. I had a bunch were the shorts part would roll up and end up in my crotch so they were useless for the thigh rubbage
  • snarlingcoyote
    Options
    lisalsd1 wrote: »

They sell those as one item now actually!
    http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=53935&vid=1&pid=387747002

Check out Marshalls or TJMaxx, grab tennis skorts.
    I wear my older tennis skorts for running. I had a skort from UnderArmour. The shorts were longer than the skirt part but I also have a good tush and decent sized thighs.
    But jog in the store and jump up and down to make sure you like them. I had a bunch were the shorts part would roll up and end up in my crotch so they were useless for the thigh rubbage

I have 3 pairs of skapris, but they're hard to find and can be kind of pricey. Also, they only seem to come in capri length. It's easier for me to just buy skorts and then put leggings/tights on underneath or not as weather dictates.

I tend to look for length - the shorts part needs about an inch, inch and a half out of the crotch, minimum, and must be of a good, stretchy lycra material, not cotton. But yeah, I've tossed a couple of pairs of skorts because they rode up!
  • AndreaWhite611
    AndreaWhite611 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I don't find the running skirts I've seen look modest. I found them them showy and goofy looking (your hitting the gym...a skirt...really?). To me it seems like it would be more appropriate for a game of tennis or something. black capri tights are modest and flattering on most people and don't call attention to your butt like a skirt will.
  • cheshirecatastrophe
    cheshirecatastrophe Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    PSA: Everyone even remotely interested in running skorts, golf skorts, or any kind of skorts, buy them. Buy many of them.

Skorts are my very favorite article of clothing (wear them to work pretty much every day) and I love, love, love that their popularity has made them so easy to find.

Buy them.
  • lrichelle
    lrichelle Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I love running in skirts strictly for the extra pockets. I don't like wearing anything around my waist so on long runs, I can put my ipod, sport beans, etc in the skirt pockets.
  • snarlingcoyote
    Options
    PSA: Everyone even remotely interested in running skorts, golf skorts, or any kind of skorts, buy them. Buy many of them.

Skorts are my very favorite article of clothing (wear them to work pretty much every day) and I love, love, love that their popularity has made them so easy to find.

Buy them.

LOL! I too might have several pairs of skorts and wear them as comfy clothes around the house even when I'm not exercising. . .
  • Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I have tried a couple of different kinds and found I didn't really care for the shorts under them however I do like the kind that combines skirt and capris. I find I pull at the shorts too much.

• myfatass78
    myfatass78 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice guys. I was in Savers this morning and tried some on. Turns out they look TERRIBLE on me. I think I will stick to tracksuit pants for the moment.