I just want to be happy with myself

Options
I've dieted so many times before but I've always given up for some pitiful excuse of mine, but (hopefully) this time I can do it! I'm only 19, and have never had a flat stomach. For once in my life I want to be able to go to the pool and not feel ashamed! I love my fitness pal so far! Everyone is super nice and supportive! Good luck to everyone ❤️❤️❤️

Replies

• shannonbun
    shannonbun Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Don't feel ashamed for your body! We're all here because we want to lose some weight, but it doesn't mean that you can't love your body how it is now. All bodies are good bodies and regardless of your weight, you deserve to love how you look. It makes dieting a whole lot easier to be able to look at yourself in the mirror after a bad weigh-in and think, well I'm still cute. I always gave up before, and it's been almost a month I've been sticking to exercise/dieting. The difference for me is that I'm not angry at myself if the scale goes up, I just focus on getting better. Regardless of my weight for that day, I deserve to love myself and enjoy myself before, during, and after this whole process. Wishing you luck on your journey! <3
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Great to have you both here :)@idigme, @Shannonbun has some great advice in her post. I remember 19 and it wasn't easy feeling uncomfortable in my body. The thing is you can feel good about yourself at any size. It comes from the inside and that's when you can change the outside! :D Otherwise it's like being at war with the inner and outter self.

Good luck! I know you can do this!!!
  • brown00man
    Options
    You are very welcome here..I have felt the same thing about not having a good shape ,can't wear anything you want.. Feel free to add me
  • aadila786
    Options
    You are beautiful and you can do this
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    shannonbun wrote: »
    Don't feel ashamed for your body! We're all here because we want to lose some weight, but it doesn't mean that you can't love your body how it is now. All bodies are good bodies and regardless of your weight, you deserve to love how you look. It makes dieting a whole lot easier to be able to look at yourself in the mirror after a bad weigh-in and think, well I'm still cute. I always gave up before, and it's been almost a month I've been sticking to exercise/dieting. The difference for me is that I'm not angry at myself if the scale goes up, I just focus on getting better. Regardless of my weight for that day, I deserve to love myself and enjoy myself before, during, and after this whole process. Wishing you luck on your journey! <3

I wanted to bump this so bad, so decided I'm going to. lol
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    shannonbun wrote: »

I wanted to bump this so bad, so decided I'm going to. lol

Love your post, gonna do it again ;) ^
  • msty112
    msty112 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Love yourself and never be ashamed. I have struggled with weight and self esteem since grade school. Now my 30 year old self wishes I could go back and tell that girl that she is beautiful no matter what size. The most important thing is to be healthy and happy with yourself. Look at yourself in the mirror and focus on what you do like about yourself. Find a cute new bathing suit, go to the pool and enjoy yourself!