Early morning workouts?

Options
I wake up at 6am , do nothing until half 6 then get ready for school.
What is your opinions on early morning workouts? And which do you guys think would be the best for me?

A) Pilates
B) Exercise Bike
C) High impact aerobics
D) Jogging on tredmill
E) Strength training

Thanks guys :)

Replies

• aladd2
    aladd2 Posts: 70
    Options
    Pilates would probably help you feel more relaxed for the day. I'd recommend any of them though if you had time to take a shower before school because all the others would probably make you sweat a lot lol
  • jmijaressf
    jmijaressf Posts: 215
    Options
    I'd recommend all of them if you have time. Variety is the spice of life!
  • BeLightYear
    BeLightYear Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Whichever one will rev up your heart rate, that way you will burn more calories during the day!
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    Change'em up! MWF do one of the cardios T/Th do the strength and/or pilates. or do 15 min each each day.
  • wvmark41
    wvmark41 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I prefer a good sweat in the early morning. I like to get up just before sunrise, weigh myself, have a cup of coffee, and maybe a light snack. Then I love to walk/jog at least 30 minutes. I live on a very hilly road, so I always get a good workout.

When I get back I like to cool down as I finish the rest of my breakfast and another cup of coffee and plenty of water.

Doing this gives me energy through the day.

If I'm stressed after work, or if I exceed my calorie goal a bit during the day, then I like to do a slow 20-30 minute walk to relax. Usually I'm not stressed after work with a morning workout though.

Good luck to all.
  • Lynnah
    Lynnah Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    These all sound great ! Maybe do a different one on different days, this way you won't get bored just doing one type of exercise, and it's great for your body too - using different muscles will strengthen your whole body so you'll look toned all over.

And as for early morning workouts, I usually work out in the morning, and this seems to work for me! It wakes me up and gets me ready for the day. You'll probably find you benefit at school too - I know I stay awake better in my early morning lectures if I've worked out that morning; it gets the blood flowing :).

Good luck!
  • irridia
    irridia Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Strength training is the fastest and will keep cals burning for quite some time after. I still haven't been able to get up early enough to get reps in myself :noway:
    Some times I march (knees parallel to the ground) and do plieas while brushing my teeth and showering(be careful)
  • kennysrush
    kennysrush Posts: 124
    Options
    I am a firm believer in mixing it up - it's supposed to be better for your muscles to keep them guessing! A good morning workout gets your metabolism kicked in gear, so don't be afraid to work it!
  • dorairwin
    dorairwin Posts: 210
    Options
    High impact aerobics makes me feell rev up, in the morning and it burns allot of calories also ..
  • lexlundin
    lexlundin Posts: 9
    Options
    The thing is that you wake up and you have 30 minutes to do something. At that hour, It takes me 10 minutes to realize that I'm awake.... : ) I can tell you that no strength training can be done at that time or without food first. Cardio can be done on an empty stomach for fat burning and it should be followed by (PWO therapy) carbo drink or food with lots of carbs like oats and a piece of fruit.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    You could alternate these workouts, do one each day of the week. Also, you could see how you feel during the day. If one day you feel not quite right, maybe don't do that type in the mornings. It's all going to depend on how your body reacts. Good luck! I just cannot exercise in the mornings. I've tried and always failed. Just be sure to stretch and drink plenty of water. :-)
  • NAMsMommy
    NAMsMommy Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I wake up at 6am , do nothing until half 6 then get ready for school.
    What is your opinions on early morning workouts? And which do you guys think would be the best for me?

A) Pilates
    B) Exercise Bike
    C) High impact aerobics
    D) Jogging on tredmill
    E) Strength training

Thanks guys :)

Why not try each of them for a week (one each morning) and see which one makes you feel best? I have been doing videos and they work for me, a mix of cardio and strength training, but I also love me a good run in the morning. I am just ready for the sun to come back up early so I can do so safely! lol