What Can I Do?

Options
Good Morning!
I usually do a bootcamp and jog for my exercise. Last Thursday I pulled the muscle in my heel and need to take it easy on it. Can anyone suggest some sort of exercises I can to that will help me get my cardio in without further injuring my foot?

Thanks!

Replies

• fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Boxing is good cardio when you're nursing a lower body injury.
  • SS308
    SS308 Posts: 2
    Options
    You can do the rowing machine at your gym if they have one Very good cardio.:smile:
  • kayleeblue
    kayleeblue Posts: 273
    Options
    I do a punching squat with weights...not sure if that will pull on the muscle or not..I do it for 45 seconds take 45 seconds off then do 3 sets like that..really gets the heart going..get well soon,,Good Luck.
  • kathyhull
    kathyhull Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I would think water aerobics might be good if you have access to a pool. The water provides great resistance and you can get some cool webbed gloves to make it even more of a work out.
  • zumba_gal
    zumba_gal Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I WOULD SAY SWIMMING!! BURN LOTS OF CALORIES AND YOUR NOT ON YOUR FEET!!!!
  • dragonbug300
    dragonbug300 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Do you go to a gym or not?
    Gym ideas: elliptical, stationary bike, rowing machine, swimming

Home ideas: calisthenics routine with Tabata intervals--mostly upper body and core focused, pilates, yoga (poses that are on the back or inversions), leisurely bike ride

I know heel injuries can be awful, so just do what feels okay to you. Swimming would be best, since there's no pressure on the heels, but again you may be limited in what you have access to.
  • Hottness4Lyfe
    Hottness4Lyfe Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I normally don't go to the gym...I hate them... But I do have an aquatic center close by that I can swim at. I think this is what I'll do...Thanks!
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Boxing is good cardio when you're nursing a lower body injury.

I think you quoted that word-for-word out of 30 Day shred, lol!

Yes, squat down and punch for as long as you can take it. Take it easy on eating back these cals unless you have a HRM that can tell you exactly what you burned.
  • Noonoo757
    Noonoo757 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I was going to say swimming as well.