New here - anyone from Ottawa? I need some awesome, supportive friends :)

Options
Hey everyone! I'm brand new here - just started about 10 days ago. I've been steadily gaining weight since I moved out on my own for school, and I am completely miserable with how I look. I started going to the gym twice a day for a week now (20-25 min on the elliptical, 2 times a day), and have been working on eating healthy, and in moderation. However, I don't have any friends in the area, as they've all moved away etc. So I'm looking for some wonderful, supportive girlfriends who can help keep me motivated, and in return I would be happy to do the same :smile:

If anyone is interested, feel free to add me as a friend! Of course, anyone who isn't from Ottawa is also MORE than welcome to add me as well - I welcome friends from all over :smiley:

Replies

• veryfiery
    Options
    I'm from Ottawa! I know how you feel :o I have 50 lbs to lose!
  • piccpicc
    piccpicc Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey. May I suggest an Ottawa guru...Dr. Joni Friedoff who endorses the use of My Pal as an app. and has written a book called The Diet Fix. Makes perfect sense!!! This works really well with this app. He does a 10 day reset... and speaks a lot about behaviours which you need to change to lose the weight and keep it off! All good food. I am following his diet as outlined in this amazing book. He advocates 1-1.5 lbs per week.
  • PoisonBloodBerries
    Options
    Im in Ottawa :)
  • MissLadyCouture
    MissLadyCouture Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm brand new here - just started about 10 days ago. I've been steadily gaining weight since I moved out on my own for school, and I am completely miserable with how I look. I started going to the gym twice a day for a week now (20-25 min on the elliptical, 2 times a day), and have been working on eating healthy, and in moderation. However, I don't have any friends in the area, as they've all moved away etc. So I'm looking for some wonderful, supportive girlfriends who can help keep me motivated, and in return I would be happy to do the same :smile:

If anyone is interested, feel free to add me as a friend! Of course, anyone who isn't from Ottawa is also MORE than welcome to add me as well - I welcome friends from all over :smiley:

Hey I wouldn't mind having a friend who is trying to get motivated and work on healthy eating. Like my self... Let me know if you'd like to chat. I go to Movati in the morning for a work out session.
  • Emdee86
    Emdee86 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    So many Ottawans here! Love it!
  • CrystalMMB
    CrystalMMB Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Im from Ottawa too!
  • Arch799
    Arch799 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    The canal and around river are always a great place to go for a run. Just waiting for it to be a tad warmer so i can start doing my lunch hour runs there again!!
  • StephJC81
    StephJC81 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm from Ottawa!! Add me up! :)
  • galtex
    Options
    New in here have a 5K walk in April walking and working on my food intake. Finding this and the phone app easy to keep my food diary. Staying focus keeps me on track .
  • kristn__
    kristn__ Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm from Ottawa, feel free to add me
  • veryfiery
    Options
    Yucky weather today :(
  • Arch799
    Arch799 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    even worse today! just registered for the army 1/2 in Sept. dont think I will start training out there today for it!
  • Snooozie
    Snooozie Posts: 3,447 Member
    Options
    welcome to MFP freckles (and any other newbies!) Just an FYI there's a group for Canucks on MFP (actually there's probably a few LOL).. but if you're looking for local peeps to add, you can likely find a bunch there so posting the link for you in case you or any others are interested in checking it out.. :D

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/275-canadian-eh
  • organicxo
    organicxo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    In Orleans looking for a workout buddy! Check me out on instagram.com/OrganicXO
    150 lbs, 5' 8" and I am working towards 160 lbs to start.
  • 9mike
    9mike Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    from Victoria harbour Ontario add me if you want