Does anyone else not log exercise?

Options
I don't bother logging my exercise as I only go to the gym for an hour and walk 2hrs a week. Is there a way to log it without MFP allowing you more calories for the exercise you've done? I'd rather just stick to the 1100 I allow myself.

Replies

• PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    You can log it as having a 1 calorie burn.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Double click on the calories and drop them to 1

though I'd eat them

Hang on just read OP .. you're eating 1100 only .. you better be extremely short, an amputee or have an underlying medical condition because that is too few calories for the average person
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options

This is what I do. Remember, you'll have to put it in manually.

• MaggieLoo79
    MaggieLoo79 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I just write my exercise in my food notes. That way I can see everything in one place.
  • JenniDaisy
    JenniDaisy Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I don't, but I do the TDEE method.

Also unless you're under 5ft, only eating 1100 and not eating exercise calories is not very much at all.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Yep
  • hideyourgf
    hideyourgf Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I also don't log my exercise, which is mostly lifting or yoga, but I balance that out by not logging all of the random condiments I eat (mustard, sugar, BBQ sauce, etc.). This saves me time not having to track each thing I put on a MorningStar burger for example.

Although I am curious about your "self imposed" limit of 1100 calories. Without knowing your stats I can't say for sure what you are doing is a safe way to get healthier.
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options
    If you are unsure of the calorie burn you are SERIOUSLY under eating and not giving your body the proper fuel it needs. I would log it and maybe eat half of it back. Your jouney and your choice but you are eating a very minimal amount of cals to begin with if you didn't excercise.
  • higgins8283801
    higgins8283801 Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I use to, but I started following tdee and now just keep track of it on my fitbit..which at the end of the day my calorie burns matches the tdee almost perfectly.
  • fatmanthinuk
    fatmanthinuk Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I don't log my exercise. I eat 1800 cals per day and wouldn't eat the cals back anyway. I see burnt exercise cals as some bonus weight loss to be honest.

I can see how if your one of the thin fitness people MFP seems to be inundated with nowadays (if I have one more new "friend" try and sell me some Beachbody crap, I swear...), you'd need to eat them back, but for a fatty like me it's just about shedding pounds rather than building guns =D

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    JenniDaisy wrote: »

Also unless you're under 5ft, only eating 1100 and not eating exercise calories is not very much at all.

This (I log it as 1 calorie), but because I do the TDEE method I eat 1650, which includes credit for the exercise I plan over the week. It's not the equivalent of choosing a really high deficit and/or low goal like 1100 and not eating it back.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

This is what I would do.
  • SwankyTomato
    SwankyTomato Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Good info. I will start doing that.

OP, 1100 is pretty low for calories. How long have you been doing that? I have mine set at 1450 and that is low as I am going to go.
  • bonsallduck
    bonsallduck Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I dont log my exercise either, i tend to eat up my calories that ive burnt off! I go to the gym twice a week, i do 3 to 4 miles on ghe cross trainer and some weights, and walk to work 3 days a week which is about 1 1/2 miles and im on my feet all day too! These burnt off calories are extra wright loss! :D
  • TrailBlazerMN
    TrailBlazerMN Posts: 202
    edited February 2015
    Options
    If someone isn't hitting there goals, I think it's essential to log exercise and other physical activity along with calorie intake. Even though calories are from from the whole picture, if calorie intake is too low, the body will hold onto fat while your endocrine system goes haywire. This will prevent you from making the awesome progress that so many of us strive for.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    JenniDaisy wrote: »

Same here (I log on Fitbit and my accounts are disconnected due to TDEE), and I agree with the second part. If you're exercising, you should be eating more.
  • scrittrice
    scrittrice Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I'll just leave this here:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/818082/exercise-calories-again-wtf

Also, later in the process you're going to want good stats, and if you're not keeping track of exercise somewhere, you won't have them.
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    I log it to have a record, data right? What did I do and when? - but I don't generally pay attention to the calories it adds back on to the quota. They're mostly fantasy numbers and I'm too lazy to find the actual numbers at the moment. There's no way the burn is that high and if I ate them I'd be in serious over-surplus and still a fatboy miles and miles and months and months from The Goal.
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,834 Member
    Options
    I do pilates 3-4 times a week for 30 minutes. I don't bother logging it though. According to MFP I'm only burning about 80 calories so to me it's not worth it.
  • AmysBoxers
    AmysBoxers Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I don' t log mine. I find myself wanting to eat my worked out calories before bed and I refuse to do it. I work out and I don't feel that I need to be tempted by extra eats