Dairy free protein powder

I am looking for an affordable dairy free protein powder. It can be soy, pea, or other based, as long as it tastes good, packs a lot of protein for a low number of calories. Any ideas where I can purchasethis in a sstore. I am not interested in ordering in online. Thanks!

Replies

• nickatine
    nickatine Posts: 451 Member
    If you live in the states or canada try your local Gnc, or Google local supplement stores wherever it is you live.
  • erbear117
    erbear117 Posts: 62 Member
    I'm not sure if this is in your price range, but Garden of Life RAW protein is one I highly recommend. Nutritionally, I would say it's a lot superior than whey, soy, or other one-ingredient protein powders. It's all sprouted, raw, and is dairy/soy/wheat free. Most health food stores have it. No, they don't pay me to say this, I'm just a health nut :P
    As far as taste goes, it's a little chalkier than say, whey, but I throw it in a blender with almond milk and a banana (maybe some cinnamon/vanilla or cocoa powder) and it tastes great to me.
  • savvyfantastic
    savvyfantastic Posts: 112 Member
    It's a bit hard to make a recommendation as it depends on where you live, including what country? You'd be best off walking into a local supplement/health food shop and seeing what's available, take a look at the calories and macronutrients per 100g (keeping in mind the serving size can be whatever you want it to be).

You say you want dairy free but you don't indicate if you're after something vegetarian/vegan, as there's egg based protein, even meat based protein powder.. I have friends who like Garden of Life RAW and Sunwarrior, the Michelle Bridges one is supposed to be good... if you only want to go into shops, your best first step would probably be to go into a shop!
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    I've been using Nature's Bounty. It's quite affordable; sometimes CVS has buy one get one free, and it's soy-based.
  • I really like all the flavors of the vega one shakes
  • xcelestialchill
    xcelestialchill Posts: 5 Member
    Don't go to GNC unless you want to make your wallet skinnier. Go to Costco and get the Vega Plant-based Protein. It's dairy free (vegan actually) and tastes really good made with water and frozen fruit. I add a tablespoon of hemp hearts and some ice to make it a little thicker.

You will thank me later. Best $35 I've spent in a long time. PS. I'm not vegan, and I like this powder.
  • dognurse32
    dognurse32 Posts: 10 Member
    Thanks everyone. I am in the States, and looking for a dairy free alternative because I am severely lactose intolerant and even the whey and caesin in most protein powders cause me to get really sick. Vegan/Vegetarian does not matter to me! Thanks! I will check out CVS, as I do not have a Costco membership.
  • Naley2322
    Naley2322 Posts: 181 Member
    Genuine Health Vegan protein powder! its 110 calories for 20 grams of protein! Its my favorite I have it almost every day!
  • Sutnak
    Sutnak Posts: 227 Member
    Forget about soy. Even if you ignore the alleged health risks, it's just not a good protein.
  • Naley2322
    Naley2322 Posts: 181 Member
    Genuine health Vegan proteins is made from pea and sweet potato protein!
  • bigrita13
    bigrita13 Posts: 1 Member
    I love Vega, plant based protein powder 0t5vn18qfvys.jpg
  • justamyagain
    justamyagain Posts: 154 Member
    I also just cut out dairy and needed to find a new protein powder. After a lot of searching I decided on Nutiva hemp protein powder. It's low cal, high in fiber, high in potassium (which is a big plus for me). I ordered it through Amazon, but I'm sure you could find it in a health food store.

http:/amazon.com/Nutiva-Organic-Protein-16-Ounce-Container/dp/B001JU81ZG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1423275488&sr=8-1&keywords=nutiva+hemp
  • Sunwarrior protein is amazing
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,899 Member
    I use Veggie Protein. It's smooth, not overly sweet and 22g of protein per serving.