Best Protein Powder?

Options
I am looking at buying protein powder, and I need suggestions!

Replies

• emrealtinel
    Options
    I believe they almost are same. Look for protein gr per its scoop and pay attention fat carb facts.
  • kalamitykate83
    kalamitykate83 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Protein World are really nice, I use the slenderblend banana and strawberry flavours and they're genuinely nice and don't taste processed at all like some do!
  • lucyclearyxx
    Options
    Matrix whey protein powder cookies and cream
  • aadila786
    Options
    I use the PHD diet whey vanilla protein powder and really low in everything except protein, tastes great too :)
  • AbeArceo
    AbeArceo Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I've switched around between a few different brands. Currently I have the 11 lb bag of Impact Whey strawberry cream from MyProtein.com. Heck of a deal, it was $60 shipped for 11 pounds. So far I like it and haven't been able to tell the difference between the higher priced proteins. Previous brands I have used are: EAS, Body Fortress, Syntha-6, ON.
  • the_texreb
    the_texreb Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I love me some Syntha-6. I've used Gold Standard before, but I like BSN's flavors better.
  • martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Avoid Wal-Mart protein. It's ALL crap.

The brand with the HIGHEST protein, based on tests is Dymatize ISO-100. It tastes amazing too.

Other good brands are Cellucor, Myofusion, Quest Protein powder (little pricey though, but good).

A lot of people also say Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard or ON Gold. I hate it due to the flavors and how it's so watery no matter what you do to it.
  • pinkiezoom
    pinkiezoom Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I use Precision cookies and cream from Holland and Barrett here in the uk. Yummy x
  • Mighty_Rabite
    Mighty_Rabite Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    I've used lots of them. Body Fortress, Six Star, EAS Whey, Dymatize, pretty much anything that hasn't been exorbitant with cost. Pretty much just boils down to what taste you like the best, at what value, and sometimes which ones just work with your body better. To me, they're mostly interchangeable, but I think my favorite so far are the Dymatize - I have constantly run across good deals at muscleandstrength.com - last purchase of Dymatize netted me 16lbs of the stuff for about $90.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    I've used Cellucor and Epiq. Both taste very good. Epiq is way over priced. Cellucor molten chocolate, mint chocolate chip and red velvet are pretty good flavors.
  • PhilP0wer
    PhilP0wer Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I always look for protein powder that doesn't have artificial sweeteners in it. It makes it difficult to buy locally but amazon always has something
  • Misterfish96
    Misterfish96 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    What are you looking for? Weight loss? Gain? Mass? There are different types of protein for each.
  • _keoki_
    _keoki_ Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like EAS personally. Tastes almost like chocolate milk, when you actually use milk that is.
  • martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    What are you looking for? Weight loss? Gain? Mass? There are different types of protein for each.

ykb2oe7ye1aj.jpg
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,394 MFP Moderator
    Options

The only difference is the amount of calories.

Find a protein you like and call it a day. I like muscle milk and EAS. Pure protein wasn't too bad (target brand), and Body Fortress was ok (Walmart)
  • derkin2005
    derkin2005 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I have used several right now I am using "Arnold" Iron Whey...it's ok. The only one I cannot recommend is the Body fortress isolate. Something in it made me dizzy and nauseous
  • hal1964
    hal1964 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    A few years ago, Consumer Reports did a summary report on protein shakes. What they found was most had garbage and bad stuff in them, like heavy metals. The report is rather old, I'd check ConsumerLab also. The brand with the least amount of "bad stuff" is Optimum Nutrition. No, I do not work for the company :)
  • happyhenglers
    happyhenglers Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Has anyone found one that has no artificial sweeteners and has almost no flavor (to put in a blast without changing it's natural flavor)?
  • AmZam05
    AmZam05 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    _keoki_ wrote: »
    I like EAS personally. Tastes almost like chocolate milk, when you actually use milk that is.

+1. EAS chocolate is my favorite so far, I think it's very good. It's fantastic mixed with vanilla almond milk.
  • jeffininer
    jeffininer Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I use Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard. Double Rich Chocolate with low fat milk tastes just like chocolate milk. Mixes well and no chunks or chalky flavor.