50 and want to lose 40!

My name is Carol. I am working on losing the 40 extra pounds I have been carrying around since the birth of my second child - and she's 13 in March. I would like to return to my hometown this summer feeling much fitter and lighter. I always start off great, but soon lose focus and wind up right back to my old weight again. I need some advise on how to keep my eye on my goal.

Replies

• AZnewme
    AZnewme Posts: 228 Member
    Hi Carol! Welcome aboard! I am back at it 53 and finding it a little harder to stay on track these days, but this community is a great help. I would be happy to cheer you on!
  • Hi Carol, my name is Debbie and I just turned 50. I also have to jettison 40 lbs. I have never been so heavy but in the last year my weight ballooned which was apparently the beginning or perimeno. Thanks hormones. So I just bought a Fitbit so I could track my steps and see how many calories I am burning per day. Hoping this helps me. I also look in the mirror every morning to remind myself of how I do NOT want to look. On Feb 2 I started going to the gym and going 45 minutes on the treadmill. I alternate between a jog and walk every quarter mile. This helps break up the boredom and also not killing myself right out of the gate. My advice is to try and take it 1 day at a time. Its not going to be easy but try not to look to far ahead as sometimes that can make the task seem unattainable.
  • angelvamp63
    angelvamp63 Posts: 17 Member
    Hi I'm 51 and trying to lose weight,happy to be friends x