30 day shred - recommend or not?

Options
Hi,

Just wondered if any of you recommend this DVD?

Advice and thoughts on it would be appreciated. Anyone NOT like it?

Thanks

Replies

• fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    It gets results, but I find it boring. I only do it if I have been stuck indoors all day and really need some exercise or I'll go mad.
  • sdirbder
    sdirbder Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Im on day 5 right now. It is challenging. I could see how it could get boring but I am incorporating with some other cardio. I like it alot.
  • breakingthecycle
    breakingthecycle Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I saw results but my knees couldnt take it. Good luck!
  • lanie13
    lanie13 Posts: 55
    Options
    I was a really big fan of the 30 day shred. I did get great results off of it but i don't know. it just got too easy for me after a while. I'd def recommend it though!
  • ChantalD75
    ChantalD75 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I have done both Shred and her Ripped in 30 and I would highly recomend Ripped in 30. Less impact on the knees AND i saw more results with the Ripped in 30. I recommend both!!
  • AShell97
    AShell97 Posts: 8
    Options
    How do you log your cardio/strength exercises with the 30 day shred? thanks :)
  • gwen933
    gwen933 Posts: 81
    Options
    I like Ripped in 30 better than the 30 day shred. They are both from Jillian Michaels but the Ripped in 30 videos have an extra level and they seem to kick my butt better than the 30 day shred.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Music is horrible, some of the moves were dangers when you were back in elementary school but apparently Jillian is brining them back as "safe", she is not a qualified instructor and has no education or proper certification in fitness to even work at a gym. She was in PR and auditioned/hired for BL and never looked back. It’s also only $10 when better programs are $100+ so you get what you pay for.

That being said it actually kicks your butt but b/c it's only 26 minutes including the warm-up and cool down you'll only burn 100-200 cals depending on your weight so it's not an exercise you should be eating back 100% IMO.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    How do you log your cardio/strength exercises with the 30 day shred? thanks :)

Circuit training.
  • SheilaSisco
    SheilaSisco Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I thought it was great. I was never bored, it was challenging, and it got me awesome results. You should go check out my blog. :)
  • goddessofmath
    goddessofmath Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I just finished it. I lost inches, not weight, but I am so much stronger! People have majorly noticed a difference in my size lately, and I have started feeling a lot better about myself. You definitely get results. I agree that it can be hard on the knees. I did all 30 days in a row (and working through the pain is something I highly recommend). Level 3 was also my favorite by far.
  • parvati
    parvati Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Music is horrible, some of the moves were dangers when you were back in elementary school but apparently Jillian is brining them back as "safe", she is not a qualified instructor and has no education or proper certification in fitness to even work at a gym. She was in PR and auditioned/hired for BL and never looked back. It’s also only $10 when better programs are $100+ so you get what you pay for.

That being said it actually kicks your butt but b/c it's only 26 minutes including the warm-up and cool down you'll only burn 100-200 cals depending on your weight so it's not an exercise you should be eating back 100% IMO.

I'm not too sure where you get your facts but Jillian Michaels is in fact certified & has been since 1993. She is certified through both the American Fitness association & the National Endurance & Strength Training Association. She is also trained in several styles of martial arts.

Not too sure which moves you are talking about that were dangerous when you were in elementary school (& who said they were dangerous?) but because of the legal liabilities that fitness professionals have to take in order to prevent client injury, it makes absolutely no sence that she would put in exercises that were dangerous & harmful to clients.

As far as getting what you pay for...just because a workout video or program costs more, absolutely does NOT make it more effective.

I don't quite understand your advise on not eating back your calories after this particular trainign activity..... & am curious as to your certification & what makes you an expert to give advise on nutritional information?

Oh & yes, I am a certified personal trainer...

In response to the initial question asked, this is a workout that you will see an improvement in muscular endurance and gains. If you want to get stronger & more toned, then this will help. It is one of the beginner workouts, so it is a starting point. You will not burn a really high amount of calories doing this workout, but that doesn't mean it isn't good. Following it up with 20-30 minutes of cardio will help you with your weight loss goals.
  • megabux
    megabux Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I would recommend most of Jillian Micheals' DVDs. The shred is a great workout for those who are just getting into the exercise game. She makes you work, but people who are more advanced need a longer and/or more intense workout. I say go for it, I loved it, you feel so much stronger when you complete it! Good Luck! :)