Bistro MD?

Options
Hi, I just wondered if anyone else is using the Bistro MD home delivery meals? This is my first time trying a plan like this, but after my first week, I am LOVING it! The food is so surprisingly fresh and clean tasting, and I really look forward to the meals. Last night, while eating their gumbo I almost wrote them a love letter, lol.

HOWEVER, I'm holding off on my declarations of love until I see the end results. The thing that worries me is: the calorie counts seem way too low for what they are providing :(

So, I am wondering if anyone out there has experience with this particular program and if so, did it work for you, calorie-wise? Thanks in advance, I am learning so much from reading everything on this site.

Replies

• ffocused
    ffocused Posts: 8
    Options
    Great topic - I'm interested in hearing about this as well.

I just started Bistro MD - are you still on the program? How did it work out?

I'm considering trying another program just to see what things are like, but right now with working & school, cooking is not a priority for me. This makes it so much easier.
  • emgel9
    emgel9 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I used Bistro MD in grad school and it was fantastic! Trust in the calorie counts, they are right. Eat everything they send and do not supplement with other things (or you will mess up the calorie count). As long as you can stick with what they send you and not stray it really does work. I loved it, it just got too expensive.
  • ffocused
    ffocused Posts: 8
    Options
    Glad to hear!

I am concerned about the cost as well. It seems reasonable, but when you add on shipping, etc. it can get quite expensive.

Have you tried any other plans like Jenny Craig or Nutrisystem?
  • sdowns01
    sdowns01 Posts: 3
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I've been using Bistro MD for about 4 months and I've lost about 10lbs total. I've gone up and down. You have to keep eating everything they send, don't substitute, don't snack on unhealthy food (my problem). My husband has lost I believe 15lbs. The holidays and vacation really messed us up. We got behind, ate horribly and gained back most of our weight etc... I'm sticking with it because eating for me is such a mental struggle I'm trying to break the addiction. Add me if you want to support each other while on the program.
  • sdowns01
    Options
    Oh I've also tried Jenny Craig in the past. Jenny worked well for me, but I have to say this food tastes better and also is not as processed. That's why I went with Bistro