Advice please

Options
I have lost 10 pound in just over 2 weeks.

I have been in a strict diet with my personal trainer and training 2 times a week with her. Weekends swimming with the kids for about 45 min.

Do I step up the game and go to the gym a little more to maintain my current weight loss?

If I can lose another 10 pound in such a short space of time I will be over the moon

Replies

• rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    That's not realistic or sustainable.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    A good portion of what you lose the first week is water. Once the first week or so is over, you generally don't lose as quickly.
  • Mikeyloye
    Mikeyloye Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Shame I know what your saying is true.

But a little part of me wants to test that theory and smash it and see what happens.

Dose of reality was prob needed before I got carried away and disappoint myself.

• 7elizamae
    7elizamae Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Go ahead and try! Why not? Nothing wrong with working out really hard while you're feeling motivated. There will be plenty of days when you feel the opposite.

Just prepare yourself for possible disappointment and be ready to continue at a slower pace if you need to.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind that if you up your exercise regimen you may see weight gain due to water retention for muscle repair. So "smashing it" will probably not lead to another instantaneous big loss, regardless.
  • McCloud33
    McCloud33 Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    yeah, most of that is water. 2lbs of actual fat is about the most that you're going to lose in a given week unless you are really over weight, which doesn't look like the case from looking at your profile pic. I just read something this week that said that if your ACTUAL weight was "X", water can influence it from about -2% in a dehydrated state to +4% in a bloated state. For me, that means almost an 11lb spread from low to high.
  • elainecroft
    elainecroft Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    SueInAz wrote: »
    Keep in mind that if you up your exercise regimen you may see weight gain due to water retention for muscle repair. So "smashing it" will probably not lead to another instantaneous big loss, regardless.

Yup. This. But keep going with your trainer - it's good for you, no matter what the scale says.
  • greengoddess0123
    greengoddess0123 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Is your profile pic current? Your profile says you want to lose 30 more pounds. Just judging from the pic, that goal seems unhealthy (as in, you will be underweight). What are your stats (height, weight)? What are your goals (build muscle? lose fat? fit into a pair of jeans?)?

Losing 10 pounds in 2 weeks is a very aggressive goal unless you are morbidly obese. Losing more than 2 pounds per week (except that first week water whoosh), you usually lose more than just fat. You lose muscle tissue as well, leaving you thinner, but weaker.

Other than those questions, I say keep going with the trainer and swimming with the kids. Good luck! :)
  • Mikeyloye
    Mikeyloye Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    It's not recent, I was only slightly over weight to begin with I know BMI isn't a good perfect reflection.

But according to that I could lose a lot more and still be a healthy weight. Lucky I am not stupid enough to want to do that.

I wanna lose more body fat percentage and in a way fit in smaller cloths then I will be happy. Well I won't be happy until it's perfect but that's what I have a PT for she's great changing it up every time I go so I don't get bored.

Admittedly I wanted to lose more for my holiday in 9 days I am not going to get q beach body by then but I wanted to feel more comfortable with no t-shirt on. And I think I am going to do that.

Once I come back I am still carrying on and I am still going to be mindful what I eat. All inclusive in Mexico should be easy to make the right choices.

I will update when I get back if I lose more while away :-)