anyone 5'3"

Options

Replies

• STR0NGisSEXY
    STR0NGisSEXY Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'4" and my goal is 110-115.

that is well within my healthy weight range according to my bmi, and i am small boned.. do this for you, don't listen to what other people tell you is right for you, as long as you're being healthy!
  • westo22
    westo22 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I would say when you get down into that range for your size it really depends on what body type you are. If you're carrying some extra muscle than 110-115 is going to be difficult to maintain. If you got to this point by solely dieting than I believe that 110-115 is achievable and healthy for your size.

I would suggest two scenarios:
    1. If you already exercise a lot (cardiovascular / strength) just keep doing what your doing but instead of watching calories focus more on fat intake. I believe you're at a point where weight is just a number (which is a goal anyone should be proud of) and you need to start attacking certain areas that you are still uncomfortable with.

2. If you are not exercising or only doing cardiovascular, add some strength training to it. If this is the scenario I would also add a few calories to your diet.

In summary, weight in lbs is just a guide line. Humans need numbers for measurement but when we get to a certain point it shouldn't be the only form of measurement.

Great job, I hope I can have as much success as you. : )
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    thanks for this!! I am gonna def check it out!

I'm 5'7-8 so i can't help much but here are some pictures of girls in that range

http://www.mybodygallery.com/search.html?height=5+2&weight=110&pant=any&shirt=any&zphoto=Large&new=1
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    just wanted to say thanks for everyone's input and advice!! it is greatly appreciated!
  • jdavis193
    jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 weigh 112-113lbs... It's not to low... you need to do what works for you.
  • brookesready
    brookesready Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3 currently 126 (my profile pic), but I would like to get to about 115-118.
  • murelzgirl
    murelzgirl Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and my goal weight is 135. I'll re-evaluate once I'm there, but I think that will be a good weight for me. You do what makes you feel best! :)
  • sdirbder
    sdirbder Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3'' I would like to be a toned 135. My profile picture is when I was around this weight a few years ago. I got there marching drum corps and being pretty sick on tour. I am trying to get back there but being healthy this time.
  • SoUnaware
    SoUnaware Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2 and a half.
    I have been as low as 109
    I have most likely a medium body frame.
    My goal right now is 115, but my favorite number that I've ever been at was 112.
    I am 127 right now and I hold my weight really well. People tell me that "there's no way you could lose more than six, maybe seven pounds" and then they say the same thing at 120. It's different for everyone.
    My suggestion is to get to your goal. Screw what anyone else says. And see how you feel when you get there. How difficult is it for you to hold yourself at that weight? What is your waist measurement, does it seem a little small? (Sometimes what you see in the mirror is different than what other people see, so taking your measurements can be a bit more of a reality check.) What is your muscle mass? Stuff like that.
    Or, who knows. Maybe you'll get to some odd number like 117 and decide that holy **** you feel AMAZING at this weight! and stay there. It's all about you, and your ride, not what anyone else thinks.
  • kdao
    kdao Posts: 265
    Options
    I am 5'2" and just made my goal of 113 and it feels great. I think its just right!
  • MJLavaty
    MJLavaty Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2'' and weigh 150. I always said I wanted to get to 117 which is my pre-pregnancy weight but 115 is more of a round number. I was only about 100-105 when I met my husband. I felt good about myself between 105-117 but haven't had much experience in the upper besides being pregnant and afterwards. In college I dipped to 90-95 and that was definately too small (according to BMI) but I still felt good about myself then. If you feel healthy then you are healthy (e.g. you can be physically active and feel good about it and don't have health problems associated with weight). I think you will be fine at that weight and look great!
  • shepali
    shepali Posts: 9
    Options
    I'm about 5'3.5", although I tell everyone I"m 5'4" :smile:

Its interesting that you are evaluating your goal, as I've been doing the same thing. When I started, I didn't want to set an unrealistic goal that would de-motivate me. I chose 130 lbs, as I remember that being a comfortable weight when I was also in fairly good shape. I'm now at 136.5, and I'm thinking....why not keep going past 130???

But as everyone else has said...I'm going to just see how it goes.

I started MFP and my journey in mid-January and have lost 17 lbs so far. I haven't changed anything along the way - same calorie goals (which is 1,400, plus exercise calories) and same workout plan (which is 3, sometimes 2, times a week with a trainer for 30 vigorous minutes). I figure I'll just keep doing this until I stop loosing weight, and see where that lands me! If its less than my goal, great! If its more than my goal....well....then maybe I'll revisit my calorie and exercise plan :blushing:

See my profile pic for my 'close to' before and afters - I actually had already lost about 3 lbs in the before, and I've lost another 2 lbs since the after. Also, NOTE - those two shirts are the identical brand, style and size! Just a different color....
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0" and my ideal weight is 118. But I do a lot of muscle building, so there's a lot of muscle involved (I'm size 4 at 118). There are other factors, too. Some people just have slightly different frames and look better with a bit less or more weight than others.
    (Sorry, I don't have any pics currently.)
  • dwieferich
    dwieferich Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am also 5'3". I am currently at 114.2 today when I weighed myself. My goal weight would be about 105. I met my husband at 107 so I only have 7 lbs to go to get to that point but I would like to get down to 105. I have a 3 month old son and still breast feeding so that does def. help out.
  • Lyndzo
    Lyndzo Posts: 142
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and my goal is 145-150. People will think I weigh too much but I don't care. I don't look nearly as much as I weigh but I know when I reach my goal I'll look great.
  • maryellenruane
    Options
    Jillian Michael's is 5 "3" Cara is also 5 "1" they are both from the biggest loser they are the trainers. I am 5 "1" I just started this journey I have to lose a lot of weight.
  • maryellenruane
    Options
    Jillian Michael's is 5 "3" Cara is also 5 "1" they are both from the biggest loser they are the trainers. I am 5 "1" I just started this journey I have to lose a lot of weight.
  • shellbell1993
    shellbell1993 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Tara,

Just wanted to say 1st that you look great! Like a lot of people have said everyone's build is different.
    I am 5'3" and currently weigh 112 lbs. I have a small frame, but have hips and "soccer thighs" (that's what
    I like to call them) LOL and I don't think I look too thin. I am wanting to get to 110 but most of all lose inches
    and tone in the bottom half!
    My family thinks I am crazy and do not understand me, and say I am too skinny, but I think it's because they are
    unhappy with thier weight (everyone is overweight, not being mean, just stating the facts) So they feel the need to
    make me feel bad too!!
    So YOU have to decide what looks best on you and be comfortable in your own skin! As long as you are healthy
    it really isn't up to anyone "what you should weigh" but YOU!!
    Good Luck :)
  • lkirchner82
    lkirchner82 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2", and while I've never weighed over 120, gaining 5 pounds means moving up a size. I got down to about 110 last year before my wedding, but I lost ALL of my curves, which I wasn't happy with. For me, the 115 mark is ideal, but it all depends on your body type. As long as you can drop the weight in a healthy manner, go for it!
  • mirandamatte
    mirandamatte Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    My goal is 130. That puts me in a size 6 and I am happy with that.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!