Fear

Options
Hello. I actually never ever thought about this subject before, but today, suddenly, I realised.. I am living in fear. All last months I am afraid of everything. I get nervous thinking about my weight, gaining it and appetite, and food. I can not enjoy riding bicycle, because I think I will crush. I am afraid to express my true feelings and thoughts to others. I am afraid to fly with airplane, because I can die. Even in some normal every day life situations for example while watching cinema, I am thinking what would I do if at that moment something would happen.. for example rood would collapse etc. And then I get nervous and cannot concentrate to movie anymore. I am afraid of life and living. How can I change it?

Replies

• jessypug
    jessypug Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    It sounds like this way of thinking is starting to take over your life, it might be beneficial to see a therapist about it :)
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you're suffering from some form of anxiety. Recognizing that you have a problem is the first step to correcting it. If you have access to a therapist, I second jessypug's advice to see one.
  • sky77kym
    Options
    Hello!
    I am so sorry you are feeling this badly. I agree about talking to a professional. I know that I felt that way when I had post traumatic stress disorder and it was absolutely horrible.
    Please get yourself some help and support xox
  • JM1481
    JM1481 Posts: 88 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    jessypug wrote: »
    It sounds like this way of thinking is starting to take over your life, it might be beneficial to see a therapist about it :)

I'm gonna second this. Realizing it is a good first step and a step in the right direction. However, this will be hard to break on your own. Look into Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. Maybe see if there are any that practice in your area (check their credentials.) Don't let the fear hold you back!

Good luck!