weightloss and tattoos

Options
When you lost weight/ built muscle did your tattoo stretch, shrink, or lose quality? I have a tattoo on my arm just wondering what to expect

Replies

• jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    mine all look good with weightloss and now building muscle Good Luck on your journey
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    I have five tattoos including one on my arm. It didn't change, or at least not that I can tell.
  • kittycatsinunderpants
    Options
    I have a tattoo across my tummy that has made it through two pregnancies without (other than being an embarrassing first tattoo) looking too terribly bad.That is to say, it is still identifiable. I weighed 135 when it was inked, highest at pregnancy 185, now 142. It's proportioned a little bigger now (10% maybe), not distorted but takes up more of the area. It is fading and losing crispness, but that is expected for a twenty year old tattoo with no touch-ups. We don't really realize how amazingly elastic our skin is. Unless you are losing/gaining a huge amount of inches you should be just fine. Just plan to treat yourself to a touch-up when you reach maintenance.