Fitness trainer

Options
My name is jeremy I used to be a fitness trainer in my college days. I would run every morning lift weights and i had good success in my health overall That was back when i was really healthy. Now im learning how to integrate a healthy lifestyle into a full time job. I gained 50 lbs after i moved out of my folks house and that was due to me eating pizza everyday. I happen to be a compulsive eater so i tend to consume way more than i need. But i have been more successful in recent months eating healthy and shopping for better alternatives to fast food and junk food. Its been a long process but im getting better at choosing nutrition over quantity

Replies

• ellie0213
    ellie0213 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Sounds like you are making great progress. Lots of us deal with compulsive eating or emotional eating. Sending Friend Request.
  • RobfitJB
    RobfitJB Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey brother. I'm a trainer myself. I'm glad to see you're getting back on track and making better choices. Sometimes it can be difficult when we lose that structure of home and work becomes more of a priority. You can do it though if you put the time in like you used to. You can get up a little earlier or find a gym right by your work. You can even get a trainer for a short period of time as a kick start. One good thing is since you were a trainer at one point and time. You have a good foundation and knowledge to start your way back to a healthy lifestyle and way of living. When it comes to the compulsive eating. I'm glad you're reaching out here on this community. There are other places you can get help as well if you're willing. You can look online for programs and look into ( OA) as an option. just like In this community it is great to have a network of people you can reach out to, but sometimes that face to face contact can be a big help. keep working at it. You'll get there. The more you build those healthy habits back into your life. the easier it will get.
  • JeremyHigh
    JeremyHigh Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragment its been a long time coming. I couldnt stand being overweight cause I could barely tie my own shoes i lost too much flexibility. Ive had at least 2 consistant successful weeks so far. I might just check out some help for my overeating. Cause its a long term problem that i dont want to get back into.
  • RobfitJB
    Options
    Anytime brother. Before i got into personal training When I was overweight I had no self-esteem or motivation. When I hit my emotional and physical breaking point. It took my older brother who's a personal trainer as well to show me the truth about how bad I had gotten. I'm so thankful that he did that for me. So If there is anyway I can help you reach that turning please let me know. I'm glad that you are having some success. Keep up the good work. I'm glad that you are open to the idea of getting help. If you put it all together you have a good chance at reaching your goals.
  • JeremyHigh
    JeremyHigh Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Yeah im dropping waist sizes like crazy. I have to wear a belt just to keep my pants up. I focus on nutrition. One good thing is i ate what i wanted this weekend and i felt horrible. I wasnt getting the vitamins and minerals like i had done throughout the previous week and i felt awful. Like tired and fatigued. Back to eating healthier today and it was the total opposite. Im so full of energy and i havent had a single drop of caffien.
  • RobfitJB
    Options
    That's definitely a good thing. feels good doesn't it. I'm glad you're putting your focus on your nutrition. It really makes a difference.yeah I know I've done that before myself and it really shows you the difference in how you feel very quickly. When I go through my workouts when I'm not eating the right foods. That's when I really feel it. my energy is way down. my cardio is gone and in the gym I'm week. Not only that, but my motivation to better myself and advance my business suffers as well. People don't realize how much what you eat affects every aspect of your life. I'm glad that you have realized that and I are making those necessary changes. Remember to make your exercise a priority is well. keep up the good work brother. keep in touch let me know how you're doing.
  • RobfitJB
    Options
    hey. How you doing? I hope things are going well. hope you have been keeping up with what you had been doing. Remember all the work you put in. You don't want to slide back to where you were when you started. A good way to motivate yourself is to write down all the positive things that you were getting out of your diet changes and exercise.