I need help staying motivated

Options
Cjedlicka
Cjedlicka Posts: 6 Member
edited February 2015 in Motivation and Support
Need to find some friends to help me stay motivated. I really want to lose about 80 pounds. I didn't know MFP had a community like this.

Replies

• Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    I'm available! Welcome. Ive been here for years and just recently found the community.
  • Cjedlicka
    Options
    Thanks you Elise
  • shawndawn93
    Options
    I also need someone to help keep me motivated. It is sad that I do not have the support of my family. They just keep telling me that I am fine the way I am but I am not happy with the way I look at all. I am short (5ft. 1 inch) and weight 187 lbs. I would love to lose 50-55lbs. But I get so discouraged and feel like it is never going to happen.
  • Cjedlicka
    Options
    Shawn you mind if I add you as a friend? We can keep each other motivated.
  • tommygirl123
    tommygirl123 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Would love to have some support. Had lost 58 lbs and have gained almost 20 back. Emotional eater and had rough 6 months with loss of brother.
  • MoTayFray820
    Options
    Hey everyone. Just started my journey last Monday. 5'2" 175lbs, would like to be in the normal BMI range (so about 115-120lbs). Got a long way to go. Keeping calories under 1200, doing yoga twice a week, and strength training with some cardio (but not a lot right now as I am also a smoker). Def hard to stay motivated.
  • bexidee
    bexidee Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I could use a few friends on here too!! Got around 70 lbs to lose, seems so daunting but I'm determined to do it this time. I seem to have done every fad diet going and tthe weight just goes straight back on. FINALLY it's twigged that it's not gonna be a quick fix and I would love to have the support, and give my support to any one in a similar situation :) xx
  • sklala
    sklala Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I find it is hard to stay motivated and keep on track. I also find it is hard to keep going with the community here without the support and adding people. I have about 35-40lbs to loose. At 170 right now at 5'4 and looking to be in the normal range, so about 130-140. I started so many time and @bexidee‌ I agree every fad diet I try to get that quick jump start doesn't seem to work.
  • Tmccall55
    Tmccall55 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Count me in please sisters! Im 59 and in the past year have lost 30#s more or less. But for some crazy self destructive reason, every time I get down under 200# i begin to give up and re-gain. I'm here again (third time) and I need encouragment and support to get down to my goal of 165. Currently 199 with 34 more to go.
  • abrazil65
    Options
    Hi! Started about a month ago and just clicked on the community tab 2 days ago! Its nice to see so many people jump to help others. If you want someone to be checking up on ya, you got my support! Same goes all y'all!
  • sahead710
    sahead710 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you I need support too! It's hard to do day after day when you want to just sit at home and order pizza but when I'm on the beach this summer I don't want to worry so much about my weight and next summer I want to be fit and healthy! I have 50lbs to lose, and it has been
    A struggle, 3 months in without much to show for it but I'm soldiering on! Feel free to add me so we can support each other :)
  • laceynicole8771
    laceynicole8771 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I definitely need some support and motivation as well. I just started using MFP recently and I've gotten a FitBit to help me track my steps. I'm a senior in college and would like to live a healthier lifestyle and lose some weight before I go to Europe this summer on vacation!
  • brookeejay
    Options
    I am in the same boat I'll have a good week and then a bad week and I can't just seem to get totally motivated... Last year I did great and lost 13 pounds but then slacked and gained half of it back and am having a hard time getting back into it! I deff could you some help in the motivation department!
  • Cjedlicka
    Options
    Thank you all for your help! Please feel free to add me as a friend and we can keep each other motivated.
  • melx123
    melx123 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Same here! I went off track for a long while but starting again. I'm 95lbs down since i first joined here, still need over 100 to go.
  • amyj000
    amyj000 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'M in the same boat with you.
  • bestbreakfast
    bestbreakfast Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. I am in search of friends who can send me encouraging messages, even text me to motivational words to help keep me on track. This is really not something I can do alone. I have tried to do it alone for the last year and it doesn't work. I need people in my life who can understand my battle and can support me.
  • tanyabecka
    tanyabecka Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I've lost 31 pounds over 2 months. Feel free to add me, I love giving advice and cheering friends on!