Easy Way for Ladies to Tone Legs!

Options
Here's a tip I learned from Jessica Simpson... wear heels everywhere! Eventually, you'll have awesome legs! I'm getting there :)

Having said that, I do have to take heel breaks every few hours! lol

Replies

• skinnyhopes
    skinnyhopes Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I've heard that too, but doesn't that shorten your hamstrings?
  • musica814
    musica814 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Gahhh so easy!! I love heels :D
  • brittanyscherich
    brittanyscherich Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Gahhh so easy!! I love heels :D

I hate heels! lol But at least now I can actually walk in them haha.
  • ajk828
    ajk828 Posts: 335
    Options
    How do you keep them from making your feet scream?
  • brittanyscherich
    Options

I started with low, wedges. If that's still too much, maybe those gel insoles?
    But if it's too painful, maybe it's just not worth it lol
    I used to not be able to stand any heels. Now, I can comfortably walk in 4 inch heels :)
  • brittanyscherich
    Options
    I've heard that too, but doesn't that shorten your hamstrings?

I've never heard that! Couldnt hurt me any since I'm way short as is haha. Let me know if you find anything about that hamstring thing!
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    you'll have awesome legs if you lift weights, do squats, dead lifts, lunges etc...and lose fat..thats what its really about..your muscles dont 'tone' or get harder..they either grow or shrink..what you see as hard muscle is just muscle definition..meaning you've lose the layer of fat over it.

wearing heels or those special shoes will not "tone" you up.
  • brittanyscherich
    Options
    you'll have awesome legs if you lift weights, do squats, dead lifts, lunges etc...and lose fat..thats what its really about..your muscles dont 'tone' or get harder..they either grow or shrink..what you see as hard muscle is just muscle definition..meaning you've lose the layer of fat over it.

wearing heels or those special shoes will not "tone" you up.

It's definitely worked for me, especially in my calves. I can def tell the difference :)
    One thing doesn't always work for everyone. And what works for me, may not work for you. No need to be critical.
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Here's a tip I learned from Jessica Simpson... wear heels everywhere! Eventually, you'll have awesome legs! I'm getting there :)

Having said that, I do have to take heel breaks every few hours! lol

LOL typical of Jessica Simpson..............You might have good legs, you will have claw toes and lovely bunions as well.
  • sweetbri07
    sweetbri07 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I wear heels alot, and they make my legs look great, so yes, I agree that it can definitely tone your calves up.....my only downside to it, is wearing heels throws off your spinal alignment, which inevitably affects you from head to toe. Just be careful about how much you are wearing heels, as it can cause other physical problems.
  • nicoleburk
    nicoleburk Posts: 10
    Options
    Im short, 5/2 and i try to wear even short heels and i end up not being able to phsycially walk...i start limping...why cant i wear heels? Are my legs that short they cant stretch at that angle lol
  • brittanyscherich
    Options
    Im short, 5/2 and i try to wear even short heels and i end up not being able to phsycially walk...i start limping...why cant i wear heels? Are my legs that short they cant stretch at that angle lol

I'm 5'3" and I was the same way! lol But after working my way up, I can now walk in 4 inch heels. Just try working on your legs more to gain more muscle... lunges, squats etc until you can wear those sexy heels :)
  • sweetbri07
    sweetbri07 Posts: 150 Member
    Options

I'm 5'3" and I was the same way! lol But after working my way up, I can now walk in 4 inch heels. Just try working on your legs more to gain more muscle... lunges, squats etc until you can wear those sexy heels :)

I'm 5'1, and I normally wear 3-4 inch heels, stilettos even! I definitely recommend doing calf raises, since it already puts you into the natural position of wearing heels.
  • legacysh
    legacysh Posts: 464
    Options
    I love this. I believe heels do make a difference in your legs due to the fact that they position your legs differently while you wear them (constant workout of your calves). You do have to be careful of foot and back problems. So like everything else, moderation and variety are the key with shoes I believe. But you go get your high heels on and walk proud!
  • SanDiegoMom
    Options
    My sister-in-law wears high heels almost all of the time and has amazing legs, but she is also very into exercising. High heels hurt me:( Maybe I need to get some cushiony inserts?
  • SanDiegoMom
    Options

I know....when I try them on in the store, I think - these won't hurt. They feel fine. Once I wear them and I am walking in them for a bit, my feet want my sneakers or flip flops back!
  • sprincess59
    sprincess59 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    i definitely agree with this! it also tends to make your neck muscles very tight and painful:

wearing heels throws off your spinal alignment, which inevitably affects you from head to toe. Just be careful about how much you are wearing heels, as it can cause other physical problems.
  • starkacmarsky
    starkacmarsky Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I wear heels all the time, so this is great info! I have heard of women who can no longer wear normal shoes because they have shortened their calf muscles. If you moderate yourself I think that wearing heels is a great way to work out with out trying
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    Didn't she wear heels all the time she got overweight?
  • Stripeness
    Stripeness Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Didn't she wear heels all the time she got overweight?

She also advises not brushing teeth daily in order to keep them whiter. :huh:

Wearing heels isn't any better for your legs than calf raises. And carries the already-mentioned negative physical impacts. Wear 'em if you want, but don't kid yourself that it's "good for you".