10k ready at all time! This is my goal

Options
I've lost 6 pounds since starting and want to run another marathon this year. I don't have much to loose but I understand how hard it is to start, maintain and not get discouraged! I love encouraging people to push themselves and there is support out there! If you need any, I'm here!

Replies

• 24Sept
    24Sept Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I Am training to walk the very hilly course at the flying pig marathon. Any ideas of what to do? I am a slow walker and just began to walk at 3.6mph. I also weigh 207 pounds. Thanks in advance for your help.
  • corinne1977
    corinne1977 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    @rmthrockmorton-I feel the same as you. I been doing Insanity all winter so I don't lose fitness so I can be fit to run a 10-K in April. I ran my first 10-K last year so I want to get a better time this year. It is easy to get discouraged so I try to keep a goal ahead of me (like training for a race) so I keep my motivation.
  • JustWant2Run
    JustWant2Run Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    10K or marathon ? Not the same thing...
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    @rmthrockmorton-I feel the same as you. I been doing Insanity all winter so I don't lose fitness so I can be fit to run a 10-K in April. I ran my first 10-K last year so I want to get a better time this year. It is easy to get discouraged so I try to keep a goal ahead of me (like training for a race) so I keep my motivation.

you might want to run instead...
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    I've lost 6 pounds since starting and want to run another marathon this year. I don't have much to loose but I understand how hard it is to start, maintain and not get discouraged! I love encouraging people to push themselves and there is support out there! If you need any, I'm here!

If you can run a marathon then surely you can do a 10k. Those are nothing compared to a marathon. This topic makes no sense at all.
  • _Waffle_
    Options
    10K or marathon ? Not the same thing...

A 10k marathon. I want to do 10,000 marathons or maybe that's 26.2 x 10,000. Training to run to the moon or something like that.
  • JustWant2Run
    JustWant2Run Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    _Waffle_ wrote: »

If you can run a marathon then surely you can do a 10k. Those are nothing compared to a marathon. This topic makes no sense at all.

What about a 5K marathon? Those are very popular these days!

• _Waffle_
    Options
    _Waffle_ wrote: »

What about a 5K marathon? Those are very popular these days!

:CarStickerForYou: