Slow Pace Weight Loss

Options
Where I live now I don't have many friends. I quit smoking in June and have since gained a lot of weight. My long term goal is to lose 40 lbs but I am taking it 10 lbs at a time to help me stay motivated to do it. Well having smoked for 15 years I am way out of shape. Exercise is hard for me, but I have been trying to workout 3 times a week, progressing in intensity and length when I feel comfortable. If I can't workout a day or am to sore I try to make up for it by doing some kind of physical activity. My journey is slow so if any one is in a similar situation I sure could use a friend from time to time.

Replies

• annika_grace
    Options
    Congrats on stopping smoking! That is great! :)

Love the idea of splitting it up to smaller segments. I have to lose 100 lbs, so maybe I will mentally tell myself 20 for now. I go slow too because I have exercise induced asthma (& the best thing for it is exercise) and bad knees.
  • FitGeekery
    FitGeekery Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I've recently restarted have 70-80 lbs to lose, also breaking it down into smaller segments and slowly building good habits while breaking old ones. Feel free to add me :)
  • michellelhodges123
    michellelhodges123 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Would like to loose 40..dr would prefer 30... Even that puts me at high end for my height ( lol..short!) have health issues and meds that make it very hard to loose..currently only exercise allowed is to walk dog..but have to carry cell phone with me in case I run into problems! Seems slow paced loosing may be my only option at this time..find it hard to stay OFF scale! Feel free to add me!
  • Ive got a lot of weight to lose. Trying to take it slow so I stay motivated. Although if love to see some big numbers not gonna lie!! You can add me if u would like
  • imaginit62
    imaginit62 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Losing weight is definitely hard!:(. I have to lose About 70 lbs. I can't tell you how many times I've list the same 10-20 lbs! Over and over and over again. I get so frustrated when I don't see the scale going down that I end up forgetting my goal. I started again at the beginning of the year and I too am breaking it down in increments this time I lost 8.9 lbs in January and this time I'm actually congratulating myself. I have to remember that it's a small step in the right direction. My goal for February is another 8 lbs. let's stay in touch!
  • KawiGirl06
    KawiGirl06 Posts: 5 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Sounds great! Keep it up everyone! It is always nice to know you have friends in the same boat. We can all definitely keep in touch. I will add all of you when i get home from this mini vacation i had to take. Travel makes eating right difficult. :D