Trying to lose 50lbs

Options
I've been on this plan for just over 2 weeks now and have managed to lose 5lbs, I'm not going to say it was easy because at 43 years old each day is a challenge to get motivated. I work a desk job during the week, so I've been working out in my gym for and hour and a half 6 days a week. I like to walk for an hour and weights for 30 minutes. Let me know how you all are doing and your goals and achievements :D

Replies

• shfoster0721
    shfoster0721 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Welcome, feel free to add me. I am down 130+ pounds in just over a year without the use of a crazy fad, diet pills, or surgery. I would love to help you reach your goals.
  • cotewalter
    cotewalter Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    5 Lbs in two weeks is a good start. That's awesome! If you want more support on here feel free to ADD me. It's a long journey but sounds like you are sticking with it so far. I dropped about 60 and came back to help me maintain. I think it's an up and down journey but this is a good place to get to your goals. Best of luck! :D
  • KerstinK1972
    Options
    good for you :) you know it takes 21 times to create a habbit so you are almost there. I have been on this weightloss journey once before and loved every minute of it. Now I am back at it because I had hurt my back and got very inactive, lazy and a stress eater. I am 42 so I know what you mean about motivation. But having this app and a pedometer keeps me pretty motivated. Good luck and feel free to add me I am also new here. :)
  • brandi78754
    brandi78754 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your loss! 5lbs in 2 weeks is a fantastic start!

It is a constant struggle for me. I have lost only a few pounds....my goal is much larger than "a few" LOL. With two small kids and a steady job (not always at the desk but still..) I find it much easier to make whatever is fastest at home for my girls and myself. Although I am attempting to teach them both about proper nutrition. My 6 yr old now asks me if everything she eats has sugar in it and whether or not it is natural or processed (score for Mom!)

I am using my girls for my motivation. I do not want them to grow up and eat their emotions or overindulge because it is there. I foresee a long uphill battle with myself, relearning new, better, healthier habits. It will be totally worth it. :smiley:

Best of luck to you Donna on your own journey to a healthier You.

• felicialmoreno
    felicialmoreno Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Also 43 working a desk job. I started getting up and walking for 30-40 minutes before work, then walking at lunch. I have a fitbit and use it to track my steps, but try to do strength training twice a week too. With 2 kids it's really hard to find gym time!!
  • elizabethallen367
    Options
    Hi I've lost 9 lb in 1 week my friend told me about this last Tuesday and for health reasons and my two daughters I really have to stick to this I have struggled with my weight all the time I was 13 st 8 last tueday now I'm 12 s 13 lb today if I can do it anyone can good luck and be positive everyone and you will do it
  • donna_ramsey
    donna_ramsey Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You sound like your on the right track, your an inspiration to your daughters. Keep up the good work. Please stay in touch and let me know how your getting on....
  • PerkyPigtails
    PerkyPigtails Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm new here. My goal was to lose another 35 lbs.
  • DeeRay101712
    DeeRay101712 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm fairly new to this as well and I'm really liking it. I'm down 7lbs in my first month and I'm just happy to see some results! I'm noticing a difference in body measurements too which keeps me motivated. Feel free to add me if you'd like. :smile:
  • tiffaneebean
    tiffaneebean Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty new too. I did it before and lost weight and just had my second daughter (she's 2 months old) so now I need to lose all the baby weight and I seemed to have gone a little nuts so I still have 55 lbs to lose. I've lost 5 lbs in 3 weeks, I'd love to work together with you all towards our goals!
  • donna_ramsey
    Options
    Great job for losing 5lbs in 3 weeks, I'm sure your gonna do great!!!!
  • monetpaints1
    Options
    Congrats on the great start. I am also just beginning my journey into living and eating healthier. I have set an initial goal of 55 pounds to lose by counting calories and exercizing. I also have some challenges, I am 53 years old with many health issues. Daily I need to take over 24 medications, some of which help cause weight gain and I have hypothyroidism. That being said, I am determined that I am making a permanent commitment to me this time. I would love some support along the way and I'm always available to help if I can or to listen when it's needed. I started 1 week ago and surprised myself by losing 5 pounds. My name is Janie
  • donna_ramsey
    Options
    Well Done Janie!!!, that's a great start to the program, please stay in touch I would love to know how your going, if you need support reach out anytime.....