Anyone else in college?

Options
I'm currently in college right now and I don't know about anyone else, but the eating out and drinking is all very tempting and starts to add up. It's very hard to stay healthy when a lot of the people around you aren't concerned with that :(

Replies

• Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    Stop allowing other peoples' actions to decide your fate. It is also unfair to expect other people to change their mindset just because we decided to change ours. I come from a very large southern family. There is always someone who wants to hang out, eat crazy, and party. I still do those things but greatly moderate my behavior and choices so it will not affect my plan to lose weight.
  • brathmell29
    Options
    I'm also in college and find it more tempting to eat like crap in the cafeteria. Once you start making healthier choices while eating on and off campus you will feel better in more than one way!
  • negin0
    Options
    I'm in college!! It's hard I know, but you have to just see the good in healthy food!
  • SarahHowells1
    SarahHowells1 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I'm at uni, which is what I believe America's call college... we call high school college in NZ lol. I found it tricky to stay healthy in my first year away from home and in a chaotic flat... the main vice I found back then was alcohol and 2am McDonalds... since then I have cut way back on both... I wouldn't worry about what others are eating! Just try to eat well most of the time and don't worry too much about the final 20%... you have gotta live =)
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    College is the reason I'm on this web site. I overate on the (wrong) kind of cafeteria food, ate out way too much (burger joints and taquerias), drank insane amounts of alcohol and didn't work out one tiny bit. Move more, eat less, drink less and, against the advice of many other people, try to keep the food healthy (more veggies, less meat; more lean protein; fewer refined carbs; just my opinion and I do expect it to get shouted down).
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    I'm also in college. I found that it is a lot easier to try to pre-log my day and budget calories for the specific meal or snack that I want. I commute and tend to eat off campus every day (I really should get into the habit this semester of bringing my lunch from home for my busier days), but I still have lost weight eating Chipotle/Panera and student center meals. It simply means that my breakfasts and dinner tend to be smaller in size, and I bring pre-logged snacks to campus to reduce extra temptation.

Quite frankly, nobody is going to avoid eating/drinking because of your diet. If you want to lose weight, either you budget more calories towards eating out and drinking and reduce the calories for other meals, or you simply say that you cannot eat out/drink that night.