trying to stay on track today

Options
Having a super rough day and I'm an emotional eater all I want to do right now is binge eat... and because of that I'm starving myself so I don't binge eat... please help. I wish I had someone to slap me and give me perspective!

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,222 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Eating all the things feels good for only a second. Then it feels bad. You're sick to your stomach from the binge, and beating yourself up. There's only momentary comfort, then the 'self-bashing'. Refusing to nourish yourself ("I'm starving myself so I don't binge eat") is just another way of beating yourself up. We all have bad days now and then. Sometimes staying 'on track' is so hard. Its okay if you have a meal or snack or day where you go a little off track. As long as you get back on that train as soon as you can. You cannot change the past - you can only help shape the future.

I'm sorry you're having a rough day. Don't punish yourself over it. Something that helps me when I'm feeling rough is to go for a walk or run to clear my head and get perspective.

I hope your day evens out. :flowerforyou:
  • nbeard4553
    Options
    your so right thank you so much. You have helped make my day better =]
  • AZHeatMomma5
    AZHeatMomma5 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    davis_em wrote: »
    Eating all the things feels good for only a second. Then it feels bad. You're sick to your stomach from the binge, and beating yourself up. There's only momentary comfort, then the 'self-bashing'. Refusing to nourish yourself ("I'm starving myself so I don't binge eat") is just another way of beating yourself up. We all have bad days now and then. Sometimes staying 'on track' is so hard. Its okay if you have a meal or snack or day where you go a little off track. As long as you get back on that train as soon as you can. You cannot change the past - you can only help shape the future.

I'm sorry you're having a rough day. Don't punish yourself over it. Something that helps me when I'm feeling rough is to go for a walk or run to clear my head and get perspective.

wonderful encouragement!!
  • Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    davis_em wrote: »

Ditto this! I always lace up my shoes and go for a run or walk when having a really crappy day. I used to turn to pizza when I felt really homesick or sad. Well that got me really overweight. It can be really hard when not having a great day.

I hope you start to feel better and your day gets better. :)
  • Ryan6691
    Ryan6691 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I've been in the same boat as your for the past couple weeks. Tons of stress, and everything else. It's been super hard to stay on track, with so much good food available! If I were you I'd find something that's healthy and will taste good so you're not starving. May help you end up not caving in. Good luck, and I hope things get better :)
  • nbeard4553
    Options
    Thank you all. I ended up eating a handful of almonds and did my t 25 workout and my head was much clearer ate some veggies and a banana