Low cal salad dressing help

Options
So I have finally gotten to where I like salad pretty well. In fact, I sometimes crave it.

The problem...

I am tired of using up so many calories on dressing! I don't eat ranch it blue cheese, but I LOVE honey mustard dressing. But it is pretty high cal and fat.

Anyone have either a good recipe or brand for light honey mustard or a good substitute?

Replies

• Kcspecv
    Kcspecv Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Bolthouse farms make yogurt dressings of many classic flavors. 45 cal for 2tbsp usually
  • softblondechick
    softblondechick Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Walden Farms, my "go to" dressing! Zero calories! Amazing!
  • dougpconnell219
    dougpconnell219 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Walden Farms, my "go to" dressing! Zero calories! Amazing!

I'll have to try some! Thanks!
  • ryanbrowning115
    ryanbrowning115 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    My go to salad dressing is salsa. I like heat, so I throw on some salsa on my salads and its delicious.
  • eatsyork
    eatsyork Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Walden Farms has a lot of flavors. Some are vile, some are good. Each one seems to be a "love it or hate it" product. I liked the bacon dressing quite a lot. The blue cheese dressing didn't tickle me at all. I used to just use lemon juice on my salads. Now I eat them plain.
  • superlauren11
    superlauren11 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I second Bolthouse dressings. They taste great!
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Olive oil and vinegar where you can control the ingredients. BTW there is nothing wrong with fat. Fat does not make you fat. Too many calories makes you fat.
  • psmd
    psmd Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I third Bolthouse! I love the ranch and caesar parmigiano!
  • LeslieB042812
    LeslieB042812 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Yes, for Bolthouse--my "diet" adverse SO even likes them. Walden Farms I find to be disgusting. With that said, salsa or lemon juice with pepper is delicious on a salad. I've also found some flavored vinegars that are very good as well.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I am always leary of low calorie dressings (other than salsa or straight oil and vinegar). But I have to chime in on the Bolthouse yogurt dressings. Really delicious.
  • Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I use salsa or balsamic vinegar.