In need of serious accountability buddies

Options
SelfLoveMamma
SelfLoveMamma Posts: 39
edited October 2014 in Motivation and Support
I just really suck, I;m going to put that out there.

I have 3 boys under 5 yrs, work a full time job and a part time job and have to be a wife. I lack discipline and motivation only gets me through lunch time. I'm an emotional eater with very healthy taste. I have no one to truly encourage me and be on board with me. All my family and friends flake sooner than I do :neutral_face:

Here are my stats, hoping i find some great accountability partners and I'll be a great one too!
5'2
188lbs

135lbs is my goal.

Replies

• LabAgility
    LabAgility Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I understand. I have 2 little boys plus full time teaching job with oodles of extra duties. I also have been known to eat my feelings. Granted, I have a lot more to lose than you. ;-)
  • kaseasteele
    kaseasteele Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I log on daily. Feel free to add me.
  • steff274
    steff274 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I can encourage you if you like am maintaining though and trying not to drop weight.. So have different goals to yourself ;)
  • StevenLotkin
    Options
    I share your problem. I need to lose 50+ pounds. I eat sometimes just to go through the motion. Other times I heat up food and toss it. I eat the wrong combinations. Add to that I am on 12 hour shift work (hours either 7A-7P or 7P-7A. Logging meals for 3 weeks shows no promise.
  • DvrDawg
    DvrDawg Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'm with you. I have tried to get family involved and to no avail. I even started P90X with my oldest son (who is a college athlete) and he flaked on me. I am coming here to stay motivated. I have started a blog and intend to update it every night with a motivational topic. The more people that hold me accountable, the better. I'm will to support as well. I have been out of shape for about 17 years -time to get it back.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    lol @ have to be a wife. If you lack discipline, then that is exactly what you need. Not friends who are disciplined - YOU need to be disciplined, Good luck!
  • AZHeatMomma5
    AZHeatMomma5 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Add me I need a good support motivator as well.
  • stacey201440
    stacey201440 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am such a motivator for everyone else but myself. I know what i have to do i know what i should be doing but sometimes i find it easier to sit on my *kitten* after chasing my toddler around all morning, laundry, tiding all day long, get my oldest plus kids i watch after school, get dinner ready, do homework with 6 year old, baths, reading before bed and then try to visit with hubby and have an hour to myself. i know poor me!!!! When my toddler naps i usually try and either workout myself or with my trainer. I like my me time i am not going to lie. I know what is right and wrong to gonin my mouth why does it have to be so difficult. A year ago this feb i started working out with and trainer but i find i am falling off the modivation train ever since Christmas break. dec 19th to be exact. I tried doing weight watchers lost 5 pounds in 3 weeks so going to try follow on my own but will look for motivation and support here!!!!
  • stacey201440
    stacey201440 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    add me and we will do this as a team
  • kaylene5
    kaylene5 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm a working mom, too. Almost the same stats. 5'2" I started mfp @180 lbs (although my highest weight was 203) I'm currently 160. My goal is also 135 lbs. let's help each other on this road to healthy:)