ChaLEAN Extreme...for obese?

Options
I've been doing Turbo Jam since the fall (on and off, not primary/only workout program) and I LOVE it! I'd really like to get ChaLEAN Extreme next, but I'm a little nervous about it. All the people in the success stories weren't obese in their before pictures and I haven't heard of anyone who is/was obese and their experience with it.

Is this a program for people close to their goals?
Should I lose more weight before doing it so I don't hurt myself?
Has anyone done the program and can advise me how it might affect me being obese?

Would greatly appreciate any and all input!
Thanks!

Replies

• JennMuc
    JennMuc Posts: 70
    Options
    I can't answer your questions but wonder about Turbo Jam?...I've been wanting to try one of Chalene's programs for a while now, but am afraid I'm not quite ready for that intensity. I am obese but do workout 5 times a weeks (sometimes more)....but have actually told myself at the end of the summer (hopefully a little stronger and lighter) I'd reward myself with Turbo Jam or ChaLEAN extreme....Do you have any trouble with Turbo Jam?
  • Ashykins
    Ashykins Posts: 233
    Options
    When I do CLX, I do low mod! But the movements are slow and precise, so if I wanted to go full time I could. The burn intervals are a little different since that is cardio, but again as usual she has someone that does it low mod :)
  • amymrls
    amymrls Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    I am curious about both.
  • JodyBFitness
    Options
    Any workout should be fine. You just have to modify it to suit your body until you get stronger (which you will). I have seen people that weigh over 250 & 300 lbs do P90X and have had amazing results.

Only you know where your limits are so you just need to modify the moves so that you can still do them and get results at the same time.

They show you easier ways to do each move so that people who aren't as strong in certain areas can still get a great workout.

Modify....modify....modify.....then when you get stronger, modify some more to make it harder on yourself. :)
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    If you can do Turbo Jam then you can do Chalean Extreme.
  • dakoerber
    dakoerber Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I do agree that I think it is a doable program for anyone since all the moves are slow and controlled and you use the weigth appropriate for you. If you can do Turbo you can do Extreme. Plus adding muscle does help burn fat and increase your metabolism so go for it!!
  • OliveLucas
    OliveLucas Posts: 84
    Options
    I'm about to finsih Chalean Extreme, then I will do TurboFire combine with Chalean Extreme's weight training (3 days a week).

I love Chalean Extreme but didn't get enough burn, so my weight loss progress is very slow with this program, however, I've seen my arms, my legs and butt shapping up quickly (especially in push month), that just make me want to keep pushing play.

If you use proper weight (dumbell or band), focus on form, and modify to your fitness level, you won't hurt yourself. You don't need to wait till you lose more weight to start this program, Chalean Extreme helps you build muscle, which will boost your metabolism.
  • LaCubana9
    LaCubana9 Posts: 112
    Options
    I'll be starting Chalean Extreme on Saturday! Gonna do my fit test & take all my before pics & measurements. I'm mostly worried about the diet instead of the exercise (because of finances AND illiminating sugar). I'm worried about not getting enough of a burn since I do 60-90 minutes of Turbo Jam 6 days a week. I'm thinking it's gonna be low intensity compared to Turbo Jam. If you want, starting Saturday, we can talk Chalean Extreme & go at this together. I know how it feels starting a program while being obese. The begining of my journey was Slim in 6 at 264 lbs. I started Turbo Jam at 209 lbs 3 months ago & now I'm starting Chalean Extreme at 187 lbs. We can do this, girl! We just gotta have faith. Chalene's got this way of keeping people going! That's why she's my absolute fav!
  • Janiceburke
    Janiceburke Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey Girl!~ My name is Janice! I am currently doing Circuit 3 the Lean Phase of ChaLEAN Extreme! I love love love Chalene Johnson!!! her work outs are soo much fun!!! I just graduated from Turbo Jam to Turbo Fire! and I love it! its like EVERY work out you could ever need all in one! and I combined it with the ChalEAN Extreme! Not sure if you got your questioned answered by any one else, But I just wanted you to know that this program would be perfect for some one over weight...you would need to modify till you body had adjusted to the moves and gains strength the best part of this program is that it builds muscle!!! And muscle is as close to a magic pill as your going to get!!! seriously nothing comes with out hard work...but once you have muscle tone...you can eat more, burn more, and muscle BURNS FAT!! WAYYY faster than anything else, muscle speeds up your metabolism and burns calories faster...I know its on sale right now so if you had any other questions let me know~Coach Janice Burke
  • NickiStone
    NickiStone Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I am currently half way through my 90 day program. I really am enjoying it and plan on doing some kind of Hybrid program once I finish. I am not a skinny girl so I wanted to post my measurements/stats from the first 30days.
    Measurements - Day 1 - Day 30 - Lost
    Waist - 36.25 - 36.00 - 0.25
    Hips - 49.00 - 49.00 - 0.00
    Abductors - 46.00 - 46.00 - 0.00
    Chest - 43.00 - 41.75 - 1.25
    Right Arm - 17.00 - 15.50 - 1.50
    Left Arm - 16.00 - 15.50 - 0.50
    Right Thigh - 27.00 - 25.00 - 2.00
    Left Thigh - 27.00 - 25.50 - 1.50
    Weight - 225.00 - 219.00 - 6.00
    Body-Fat % - 42.50% - 39.70% - 2.80%

I have heard that the Push and Lean phases are where you really see the biggest results AND I can say that in my last 2 weeks "stats" are equal to what I did in the first 30days so I am super excited Kepp Pushing Play. Good Luck and I would suggest this anyone that has a higher body fat percentage. By building muscle you allow yourself to burn more calories.