Options
fhttrs
fhttrs Posts: 201 Member
Hey guys <3

I'm Whitters and I'm 24 years old. I've struggled with my weight nearly my entire life and PCOS for the past 6 or so years. I've tried tons of different diets, counting calories, etc. and nothing has ever seemed to work for me (I think in large part due to the fact that I am discouraged so easily).

But last August I moved to Pittsburgh, PA and decided that it was time to change my life. I changed the way I ate, started exercising more and managed to keep it up even through my fiancé leaving me for another girl, my mother's heart attack and a severe case of pneumonia and so far I've lost roughly 60lbs.

I've had a MFP account for a while, but never used it. Now that more and more of my friends are jumping in here, I decided that I should too.

So.. Hi!

Replies

• VixFit2011
    VixFit2011 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Great! Welcome to the family!
  • DarkDiva2005
    DarkDiva2005 Posts: 140
    Options
    Welcome back! And good job keeping up with your weight loss even through the hard times :)
  • caitlinclock
    caitlinclock Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    You can do this, Whitters!! :flowerforyou:
  • alittle99
    alittle99 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Great job on your current weight loss success, and good luck going forward!!
  • psb13
    psb13 Posts: 629
    Options
    welcome! I also am a PA gal. In the central part now, but originally from the P-burg area. I also looked into mfp several months ago but actually just started "for real" last week. Liking it a lot so far. Hope you do too!! Friend request if you like. :bigsmile:
  • hhenehan
    hhenehan Posts: 4
    Options
    Wow! All of that and you think YOU get discouraged easily?!? I get discouraged when my 2-year old is acting out; or when my boyfriend is being insensitive. LOL! You are an inspiration. I am new to MFP as well. I have been a Weight Watcher in the past and just am not finding it to be what motivates me anymore. Good luck, Whitters!
  • psb13
    Options
    Caity, best of luck with those last 3 lbs and Happy B-day (a little early). :happy:
  • fhttrs
    Options
    You can do this, Whitters!! :flowerforyou:

I love you Caity! ^_^
    welcome! I also am a PA gal. In the central part now, but originally from the P-burg area. I also looked into mfp several months ago but actually just started "for real" last week. Liking it a lot so far. Hope you do too!! Friend request if you like. :bigsmile:

Yay for PA girls! ^_^
    Wow! All of that and you think YOU get discouraged easily?!? I get discouraged when my 2-year old is acting out; or when my boyfriend is being insensitive. LOL! You are an inspiration. I am new to MFP as well. I have been a Weight Watcher in the past and just am not finding it to be what motivates me anymore. Good luck, Whitters!

See, that's what I was like too. If even the slightest thing would go wrong in my life, I would get super upset and fly off the handle. And then I'd just eat a ****load of stuff and get really discouraged / give up. But then all that stuff happened (the fiancé thing happened first - on Valentines Day no less) and I really did just fall apart. For almost a month I didn't sleep, I couldn't eat without getting sick, etc. Because of that I lost about 20lbs over a few weeks and while I know it wasn't a healthy way to lose the weight, it...I dunno... lit a fire under my *kitten*. So when the other bad stuff came along, I was more able to take it all in stride and not let it affect my eating.
  • psb13
    Options
    very impressive...you can certainly do this after turning all the bad stuff into something positive!!
  • fhttrs
    Options
    very impressive...you can certainly do this after turning all the bad stuff into something positive!!

I'll admit that it's still a struggle at times and I'm nowhere near back to being okay with everything that happened. But at least now I'm confident that I can keep my head up.