Hi from Chicago! Looking for support group!

Options
Hello! I'm 22 from Chicago, trying to lose about 40lbs. I've been on here for a little over a week and am excited to make a lifestyle change! I'm a great motivator looking for other motivators to really kick some butt. Add me if you wanna do this thing!!

Replies

• cody102
    Options
    Hey I don't know how to add people
  • direese74
    direese74 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a plan. Need a group that is motivated.
  • proud2bmee99
    proud2bmee99 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey there!!!! We have basically the same goals and age! Let's follow we can share ideas and keep each other going. Out here in D.C
  • tjobe580
    tjobe580 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Drink lots a water and do cardio 5 days a week. I walk about 15000 steps a day at my job so that helps me but if are not active at work you gotta make up for it w cardio
  • annieziga
    annieziga Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support everyone!
    Tjobe: I've been doing 30 min of cardio for 6 days a week and at college I walk 10,000 steps a day usually. I've only started about 2.5 weeks ago but I think knowing what to eat is what is harder for me. Thanks for the tips you're great!
  • tjobe580
    Options
    Well thanks! I'll send good vibes up I-65 from indy haha
  • jennalalia
    Options
    I have nearly the same goals as you do! I started last week and have lost 2 pounds! I have no idea how to add people though :/
  • tjobe580
    Options
    Me neither haha. Well if u figure it out add me and we can help each other
  • jennalalia
    Options
    You found out how to add people! Tell me how please :x
  • annieziga
    Options
    You go to friends then click the little plus sign in the top right then click email and you type in a persons username. I'll add you though
  • mcjaegs
    Options
    I am also from Chicago and trying to lose. Have not been doing the greatest. My weight keeps going up and down even though I am working out 4-5 days a week. Hopefully all the snow we had and all the shoveling the past couple days will help me next time I get on the scale
  • rankinr
    rankinr Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Also from Chicago, living in Hyde Park. Doing this as a student is hard, so support is definitely important. Added you!
  • sarbear112084
    sarbear112084 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for support as well! Lets work together
  • TamekaJ1
    TamekaJ1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    you can add me
  • Holly92154
    Holly92154 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hey, feel free to add me ;) I've been using MFP for a little over 3 months and I'm down 47 pounds ;)
  • carrieliz81
    carrieliz81 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Hey Chicago! I live out in the suburbs in Homer Glen, IL. Let's be friends!
  • annieziga
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks all! I'm so glad to have such great support, hopefully I can help y'all out too! I currently go to NIU and it's definitely hard to do this on a college budget when not much food around here is healthy.
    Mcjaegs: you can totally do it! What I've been realizing is that the weight loss had a lot more to do with my diet than the exercise. It's good to exercise of course but the calorie ratio is important.
  • tjobe580
    Options
    That is so true Annieziga!
  • alsomutants
    alsomutants Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm a college student too and I tried to add you but it didn't work. :/
  • lovemari011
    lovemari011 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    annieziga wrote: »
    Hello! I'm 22 from Chicago, trying to lose about 40lbs. I've been on here for a little over a week and am excited to make a lifestyle change! I'm a great motivator looking for other motivators to really kick some butt. Add me if you wanna do this thing!!