Pregnant, Obese & Looking For Help!

Options
I'm currently 10weeks pregnant, 5ft 4in & weighing 13st 12lb 8oz. Due to complications in the past resulting in multiple miscarriages I'm classed as relatively high risk which means that a number of exercises are out of the question. I'm working on a better menu for myself & my family as I've been eating what I fancy up until now (though most days are still 1500 - 2000 kcals). Any tips on exercises I can do at home? Unable to go to the gym & suffer from very bad anxiety so needs to be things I can do indoor that is safe during pregnancy

Replies

• vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    If you are very high risk, you are going to need to get this advice from your doctor. Most 'normal' pregnancies, women can continue to do basically what they have already been doing. In your case, it is hard to even guess what the doctor will say is ok. Walking? maybe. Swimming? maybe. Bedrest? maybe.
  • andrea9873
    andrea9873 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I would start by asking your physician/OB they can tell you what is best for your state of pregnancy.
  • Fulham2013
    Options
    Hi - I had a baby nearly 12 months ago and I was so determined not to gain any weight and end up fatter than I already was as that's all they used to go on about when I went for my apps. During my preg I done so well I stuck to the slimming world diet so cooked everything from scratch didn't eat any rubbish or eat more than I needed and it worked. I never gained a single lbs and I actually lost 3 stone in total. I have gained it back now as I started getting into bad habits and having wine and so on something that I had missed during pregnancy.

I would talk to your doctor about what exercise you can do but you can't go wrong with walking and I would also say swimming but just double check to be safe.

Just try and stay motivated and you will do it x
  • AngelsInThighHighs
    AngelsInThighHighs Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I was very highrisk with my daughter, not because of miscarriages but because my uterus is shaped like a heart. Did your doctor give you and idea of what kind of exercises you can do? Did he tell you what you cant do? You might be surprised by what he will say if you ask him what exercises youcan do, walking on a treadmil, walking around the mall, you can do upper body cardio, you can ride a bike for a bit, there are SO many non stressful exercises you can do including yoga.

Id ask him for advice especially with exercises you CaNt do, i used my high risk as an excuse for not working out and gained 60 pounds with my pregnancy and had a hell of a time getting it off. Good luck.
  • mcvitiesgingernut
    Options
    thank you for all the replies, going to take your advice & check with midwife/doctor. Got a bike here so hoping they'll say I can use it x
  • peacek
    peacek Posts: 211
    Options
    Look into Pregnancy Yoga videos. Yoga is the most harmless way of exercising if you DO IT RIGHT. Also, please check with your Ob/gyn.
  • elliehuggs
    elliehuggs Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey there - I would love to hear an update on how everything went?