1/2 Way There!

Options
missbethea
missbethea Posts: 280 Member
edited February 2015 in Success Stories
I have actually passed my half-way point of my weight loss journey now. I am so excited and I wanted to share my mini-success story with you because of this!

Starting Weight: 227
Current Weight: 183
Goal Weight: 150

I didn't start taking measurements right away- I wish I had! My starting measurements are actually from July 21st- a month or two after I started focusing on losing weight.

Bust: 48 to 45.5 (Loss of 2.5")
Under Bust: 42 to 38.5 (Loss of 3.5")
Waist: 43 to 38 (Loss of 5")
Navel: 46 to 41 (Loss of 5")
Hips: 47 to 42 (Loss of 5")

In this photo, on the left, I weighed around 225-230. On the right is me at 185ish. That's a difference of 40lbs. I was astonished when I made this comparison to see how much weight I lost in my face. Even in my hands and arms.

I still have a long way to go- but this comparison photo really showed me how far I have already come!

tumblr_ng0irgvoTv1rgebr5o1_500.jpg

Replies

• time2change1111
    time2change1111 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    well done, good work!
  • raider_01
    raider_01 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    All that hard work is really paying off!! Congrats :)
  • KristaPerseveres
    KristaPerseveres Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!! Keep up the good work :-)
  • missbethea
    Options
    Than you everyone! I am really excited about my progress thus far and looking forward to finishing the last half of the journey!
  • sandicat6
    sandicat6 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    you look terrific!!!! keep it up.
  • mona52bask
    mona52bask Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congratulations.
  • starrmarie1960
    starrmarie1960 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    We are both on the same path. I started at 230 and now 170. I still cant see it. I feel it in my cloths mostly. Most have gotten so big they are uncomfortable to wear. My daughter came to visit this past weekend and was shocked at my weight loss. She yelled at her father that he had not told her about how skinny I was. Skinny not me. I did the same thing take photos to compare. I don't see it at all. You really look great and I can see your transformation. Not saying you were not pretty before but you look healthy. Keep up the great work. I will be cheering for you all the way. Goal for me 150.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Amazing work, WTG!
  • oncem0re
    oncem0re Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    You are carrying your wait pretty well @ 183 ... how tall are you?
  • My_Fitness_Journey2020
    Options
    Amazing job! :)
  • momamia3
    momamia3 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hello. I just started Feb 1 2015.... . I have struggled all my life... I am 31 yrs and have 2 kids....I am starting at 228 lbs and goal of 150 ... I am happy for you..keep up the great work....and add me as friend if u would like.
  • jessiruthica
    jessiruthica Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Excellent work! I'm about the same (SW:230, CW:187, GW:150). You definitely can tell the difference in your photos! Well done!
  • missbethea
    Options
    oncem0re wrote: »
    You are carrying your wait pretty well @ 183 ... how tall are you?

I'm only 5'4". But thank you- I am taking that as a compliment! LOL.

Thanks for all the positive feedback everyone! It's amazing to see how many people have similar goals as me and are in similar places in their journeys.
  • trazter31
    trazter31 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Looking good... keep at it! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!