Mom of 3..need motivation!

Options
Hi, I have 3 boys Cole is 3 and Cameron & Colin are 6 months. I'm still carrying a lot of baby weigh and have done nothing about it so far.. when i got pregnant with the twins I was still carrying around extra weight from my first pregnancy. I'm getting tired of feeling fat.. and it's time I do something abou it. I've started walking every day with the kids and try to get in some exercise videos. It's difficult with 3 kids tho. I'm also trying to eat better. I have definate modivation issues tho. It's easier to just do nothing and that's exactly what I find myself doing a lot of the time. Hopefully joining MFP will help keep me on track :smile:

Replies

• Vkoons3
    Vkoons3 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time with the motivation thing too and I also have three kids and my youngest is 6 but still have a hard time getting off what I think I am no longer allowed to refer to as baby weight so there is no time like the present. I have been on mfp for a little over 2 wks and have lost 5 lbs and it has really helped me alot...feel free to add me as a friend and we can support each other and good luck! It's hard work but it is so worth it!
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    even if you just focus on nutrition, you can and will lose weight. in my opinion it's 80% of the battle. Exercise is definitely good and will shred it faster. Walking is great. you can also try some home videos if you have them, or even just some body weight exercises. squats, burpees, lunges, jumping jacks, situps, pushups, triceps dips on a chair, etc.

get after it!

have fun and welcome to mfp.
  • flausa
    flausa Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I'm a mum of two, so I know it can be hard to find time for yourself. But you can do it! Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • kellyged
    kellyged Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi welcome, yeah you have your hands full alright , sometimes easier to lose when so busy with them. Hust stock your fridge with lots of healthy snacks. The prob with being a mum for me is all the biscuits and the coffee dates that I ended up eating stuff i never would have eaten before I had my boys!

What have you set your daily calorie limit to? eat more if hungry but make gfood choices. Hopefully you'll get loads of support here.

Ali x
  • TaneeisFitforLife
    Options
    I have three kidlets too (not twins though!).....you can so do it! Even if your exercises consists of just cranking the radio and dancing around while they are all up, it's something :)

Use them as your motivation to eat healthy. They are watching your every move & will imitate everything good and bad.

I wish you the best with this!! :)
  • nmp1994
    nmp1994 Posts: 96
    Options
    :-) I have 3 girls---twins that are 7 and a 2 year old single. Life is busy and hectic...Mommy Time, what's that?

Finally, i decided I must do something for me, now that my big girls are in school! I just completed a 12 week weight loss program...I am motivated to continue exercising and lose weight. This site is great! Sending a friend request...GOOD LUCK
  • bstarwilla
    bstarwilla Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have 2 kids 4 and 7 months and like you I am hanging out with my baby weight from both kiddos! Do you get on the floor and use your baby in your floor excercises? Its a great way to bond and help both of you out at the same time. I am lucky that I have the flexibility to work out daily but its hard to leave the kids to do that. So i use them as excuses to not work out. I am back at it though and counting my calories. I also eliminated soda and eating after 7. This helps me shed initial pounds but looking for an overall change! Good luck to you.
  • hayleyxxwxx
    hayleyxxwxx Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm still carrying baby weight from my first baby that I had.....13 years ago!!! I need all the help i can get =(
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    aww welcome! I have two babies and their names both start with C too :) lol...It is tough, but with the right support system you can be successful!

Good Luck on your journey! I look forward to reading your success story!
  • Fat2FitChick
    Fat2FitChick Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I am a mom of 5 all under the age of 11 and my youngest is 4. You can do this! Even if you just stick to your eating plan without exercise you will certainly lose the weight!! You can take the kiddies for walks and that can count as your exercise. I have lost over 30 lbs so far since I started in January so believe me when I say you can do this!! Find some folks on here that have similar goals and similar circumstances and that can help you because you can support each other in this!! Feel free to send me a friend request as well!! YOU GOT THIS!!
  • bebebunny421
    Options
    Hello everyone. I am a mom of 3 also. First daughter is 3yrs old and the newest additions are 1 month and 2 days old. I have not gained much weight, but my belly has stretched alot and would love to tone it back to where it was after I had my first. I now am 135lbs and would love to get back down to 125 or even better 120 :o) I am trying my best and look forward to doing what I gotta do to get there.