Military diet

Options
has anyone done the military diet?? And if you have please let me know how it went for you

Replies

• tberries21
    Options
    What is the military diet?
  • tberries21
    Options
    Awh ok thanx
  • markdamacus916
    markdamacus916 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Heeey!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    It's a crash diet that has absolutely nada to do with the military. It's not a magic combo of foods, it's just a whacky VLCD.
  • Arch799
    Arch799 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I have done a military diet of IMPs (Individual Meal Pack) 3 times a day while on exercies and I know how much that sucks so I did loose weight :)
  • joolywooly33
    joolywooly33 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Doesn't look very healthy to me..... hotdogs, ice cream and toast?
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    It's not sustainable. and has NOTHING to do with the military.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    NO
  • healthylaura24
    healthylaura24 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    It's obviously not from the military but that's just the name, I see everyone results on YouTube and they lost 10 pounds in three days
  • Azexas
    Options
    It's obviously not from the military but that's just the name, I see everyone results on YouTube and they lost 10 pounds in three days

Most likely water weight. I'd almost put money down that when they began eating normally again they put weight back on. MFP doesn't support VLCD.
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    I did the 'military diet' for 21 years. It was not the diet that kept the weight off, it was the amount of activities we did. We ate lots and lots of calories up to 5200 a day and still had a hard time keeping our fat levels up to around 10%.

Unless you are talking about some type of 'fad' diet that restricts your intact to some low sucky level. Nah... I have not done that one (yet).
  • Azexas
    Options
    I did the 'military diet' for 21 years. It was not the diet that kept the weight off, it was the amount of activities we did. We ate lots and lots of calories up to 5200 a day and still had a hard time keeping our fat levels up to around 10%.

Unless you are talking about some type of 'fad' diet that restricts your intact to some low sucky level. Nah... I have not done that one (yet).

its a crazy very low calorie fad diet.

http://themilitarydiet.com/military-diet-plan/
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    Think I will sign up for electrical shock treatment first.....
  • Poppy_Joe
    Options
    Losing 10 lbs in 3 days is insane. Drastic weight loss or gain is harmful to your body systems and can strain your heart. Not worth it!
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options

To lose 10lbs, you would need a deficit of 35000 calories. Taking an average of 2000 calories for a TDEE, that would mean a person would need to eat -21000 calories for the week. Not sure how one can eat -21000 calories for the week, but let me know if you figure that out.

Or, it's water weight which means nothing.

• NGBabe
    Options
    I am currently doing the military diet but my aim is not to lose ten pounds a week but It's to lose 10 pound a month. I walk/jog 4 miles 6 days away. I'll get back to you in a month and share my eexpereince with you
  • claire2012mfp
    claire2012mfp Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've done rat packs (proper military diet) and it's rank (excuse pun) sooo I guess if I did do that is lose weight
  • gypsychic33
    gypsychic33 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    NGBabe wrote: »
    I am currently doing the military diet but my aim is not to lose ten pounds a week but It's to lose 10 pound a month. I walk/jog 4 miles 6 days away. I'll get back to you in a month and share my eexpereince with you

How did you do?
  • gypsychic33
    gypsychic33 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Yes,I know, that's my thread! I was inquiring as to how that particular poster did, as they said they were doing it for one month. :)
  • astrocosmiczoom
    astrocosmiczoom Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Well... I'm in the military... and my diet includes a lot of Redbull and coffee. Same?