Isogenix

Options
AshleyJW31
AshleyJW31 Posts: 26 Member
edited February 2015 in Food and Nutrition
A co-worker of mine is selling Isagenix products... has anyone out there tried them and if so looking for recommendations. Thanks~!

Replies

• GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    Ashley that looks like processed food which I am off of processed foods and onto whole foods so I have no experience with it. At my age I find marketing groups are more about making money than returning a high value. Best results what ever route you go.
  • SandyBVTN
    SandyBVTN Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    It's essentially just a really expensive very low cal diet. They hype up all kind of "cleanse" claims but I think it's bull.

I'm also really not a fan of multi level marketing.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Run the other way!!
  • dafoe88
    dafoe88 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I did it for two months with a break in between. It worked. But then I gained everything back quickly. The cleanse days were horrible. The snacks taste like garbage. If you're looking for a quick fix say before the beach then maybe it's worth it. The best thing in that program was the chart to help you actually build balanced meals.

The Mrs did it too and even sold a few kits, but all results were similar. Seems to be the trend with crash diets.

Hope that helps!
  • AshleyJW31
    AshleyJW31 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Great thanks for your input everyone!!
  • QTpatootie82
    QTpatootie82 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I actually love the isalean shakes. I am not a fan of artificial sweeteners, so isalean has the best shakes imo. I like the pudding consistency as well. My favorite recipe is the chocolate isalean powder, almond milk (30 calories, unsweetened) and white chocolate peanut butter. However, I really don't like the cashew meal bar. I completely regret purchasing these.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    It's a pyramid scheme, and people selling it don't have to have any knowledge of nutrition or anything else to peddle it. It's just another VLCD shake diet that costs a bomb. Avoid!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    It's a pyramid scheme, and people selling it don't have to have any knowledge of nutrition or anything else to peddle it. It's just another VLCD shake diet that costs a bomb. Avoid!

yep yep yep! !

• ams4jc
    Options
    I drink their shakes for breakfast in the morning and it's a great source of protein and other nutrients. It keeps you full a lot longer than cereal and is a good way to start your morning off getting all of the good stuff. I just started a modified version of their cleanse program and it is tough but I can already tell a big difference in how I feel and the scale is revealing a smaller me so I'm happy even if I may be a bit hungry here and there. I'd say if you want a good protein shake give them a try! Or if you want to detoxify and really clean out your system try the cleanse. I suggest doing a modified version: shake/meal (protein/veggie/greens)/shake (2 days in a row) and follow with a cleanse on the 3rd day and repeat. Sometimes you just have to try things for yourself to see what works for you. Good luck!
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    Save your money and eat real food.

These are one of those MLM market schemes.